By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Edit: GT to not appear at E3? Next GT to be called Gran Turismo Sport?

BraLoD said:
Vincoletto said:

You have some really good valid points, but I still think 7M is impossible, I stick with 5M tops.

I guess we will never know unless sony releases the numbers. Even with 5M, I believe the game was highly profitable since probably they used a lot of programming and data from GT5. 

I believe the release of GT7 will tell us where the franchise sits now

One thing we know is that it indeed failed to meet PD expectations, if not we would have the numbers announced by now.

Sure they could be waiting for the announcement for the new one to talk about the numbers, I mean, it'll not be GT5 sales as they probably wanted but 6M would be a hell of a good numbet too, even 5M is still very high numbers, not to the franchise, but it is overall.

Maybe they are waiting to announce the 80M milestone but that won't happen without a new GT out.

They have a website where they show all their games sales in total and by region, but it got last updated in May 2013.

This date show us that they choose to update it at the fiscal year ending, and they missed both 2014 and 2015, the ones after GT6 release, which point the "weak" sales maybe, but can also mean they expect to release the new game this year and cross the 80M mark and update it May 2016. If they do not, maybe they just don't care about that website anymore but we have to wait for them to give us the data.

And did you saw the last data about GFK Brasil? Here it is still top 3 in PS3 sales, it's beating the likes of GTA5 and both are about the same age. I'm pretty sure it still sells decently at Europe as well. So I don't see 7M as a impossibility, but the last major mark it can reach or come close to.

How can I get the GFK reports? Is it just posted here on the forum or they release it on some website?

Around the Network

Vincoletto said:

How can I get the GFK reports? Is it just posted here on the forum or they release it on some website?

IGN Brasil.

April: http://br.ign.com/brasil/4171/news/conheca-os-games-mais-vendidos-do-brasil-em-abril

I don't think they released the May one yet.

ethomaz said:

Vincoletto said:

IGN Brasil.

April: http://br.ign.com/brasil/4171/news/conheca-os-games-mais-vendidos-do-brasil-em-abril

I don't think they released the May one yet.

Many thanks! 

Caraca quanto brasileiro aqui...

Vincoletto said:

Caraca quanto brasileiro aqui...

Sim. Tem muitos... não chega a ser a comunidade BrasilGAF mas deve ter cerca de 30 ou mais aqui.