By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Review Thread - MetaCritic 81% / GameRankings 81.46%

Ka-pi96 said:
Wright said:

I definitively fucked up predicting the meta of this game.

What did you predict?

67!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Wright said:

67!

Ooooh, yeah you're off

As for me, I said 75. That's within a 10% margin of error so I'd say I did pretty well

I was assuming 75% as well given I figured they'd lose a point off of whatever scale the reviewer used for lack of voice chat.

Like I said earlier though, the gamespot review isn't in yet... They've developed a habit of single handily dropping the meta score on nintendo games lol

No. Most of the reviews I read, put more weight to arbitrary numbers than their enjoyment. None of them ever mentioned if they are satisfied  with the included content or if the amount of coment is affecting their enjoyment in some way (gets old quickly, etc). It's simply that they perceive the content d*** is smaller than the norm regardless of how much satisfaction they are getting of it.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

I saw some reviews and the complains are nearly the same: lack of content and lack of multiplayer modes. I don't see a lot of complains about the actual gameplay, fun factor... So, while the complains are legit, it seems like the game could have gotten a better score, and there are actually reviews that acknowledge that. I'm very happy with the game, the single player is very solid, the game is fun, the servers work perfectly (I've never had to wait more than 15 seconds in the lobby), and I'm not the last of my team, never! :P.

forest-spirit said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Talks about price and lack of content, but doesn't even mention the free updates. Mmmmmm!

As it should be. Reviews should only look at what you get out of the box; future content and patches should be disregarded.

I agree with you but reviews should also be amended in the future for when that additional content does arrive.  I feel that a lot of the Mario Kart 8 reviews on the internet today no longer do that game justice mainly because they have not been updated to reflect the enormous amount of new content that is available for this game.

If a year from now Splatoon has a voice chat feature added by Nintendo due to public pressure, 3 times as many maps, numerous new game modes and countless other updates I will be very sad if Metacritic still says 81%.  That said, for today, I think that it is probably a fair rating.

Around the Network

Digital Trends: "At the beginning of this review, I said that Splatoon was Nintendo’s way of dipping their toes into the pool of competitive online gaming. And what a dip it is: colorful, fun, unexpected and satisfying. Now if only Nintendo would take off its arm floaties and dive in." 8/10

http://www.digitaltrends.com/game-reviews/splatoon-review/

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:

Ha ha ha.

Surprisingly, I feel like Nintendo Enthusiast had the most honest review.

AbbathTheGrim said:

Kaz speaks the truth!