By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console have better games: PS Vita or Wii U? (only Retail)

BlowoverKing said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Tearaway isn't even an exclusive anymore since a better version is coming out on the ps4 and Gravity rush might be heading the same way if the rumors are to be believed lolll

Tearaway on PS4 is going to have to be completely different from the Vita version. But if you don't want to count Tearway then we don't have to count New Super Mario Bros. U, Super Mario 3D land World, Super Smash Bros., Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, or Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze considering I can pretty much play each of these games on 3DS.... or any other Nintendo console.

Now thats just spinning it like crazy... Those are all sequels whether you like it or not but Tearaway is an enhanced port with an extended storyline...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Wright said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Tearaway isn't even an exclusive anymore since a better version is coming out on the ps4 

But for that matter, neither Smash Bros is exclusive.

Well best version of SSB is on the wiiU and not the 3ds but hey, I can take away Smash Bros if we like. We should also take away Velocity Ultra for vita since that seems to be on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244890/

Velocity 2X was never exclusive anyway for the purposes of this thread (hell, it's also digital only so not part of it) as it was a PS4 game too.

However, not being exclusive doesn't mean the game isn't on the system. I actually counted Smash Bros as an exclusive in my list because it is so much better than the 3DS version.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Vita.

Goodnightmoon said:

Don´t try to change the reality, the SSU version is obviously the superior one in every f* sense. Of course SSU is a wiiu exclusive, are we crazy or what?

I'm...not changing reality in any way. I can play the latest Smash Bros game in both WiiU and 3DS. Hence, it's not exclusive to either the WiiU or the 3DS.

MikeRox said:
Captain_Yuri said:

You sure have to be desperate if you have to spin it like that... Sure, it will be on Nintendo's VC but it won't until the wiiU is officially dead, yet with the Vita... Oh look, its getting ported with an enhanced edition in less than 2 years since its release

But that is due to the strategy Sony have gone for, of trying to put all their software on everything rather than needlessly restricting games to 1 system for the sake of it.

But we aren't talking about strategy now are we? We are talking about exclusivity...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Wright said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Don´t try to change the reality, the SSU version is obviously the superior one in every f* sense. Of course SSU is a wiiu exclusive, are we crazy or what?

I'm...not changing reality in any way. I can play the latest Smash Bros game in both WiiU and 3DS. Hence, it's not exclusive to either the WiiU or the 3DS.

The good version is exclusive to Wii U.

- Much better online

- You only need one Wii U to play with your friends

- 1080p and 60 fps

- Much better graphics

- Different stages and trophies

- Different modes

- More music tracks

- Better controller options

Samus Aran said:
MikeRox said:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/olliolli2-welcome-to-olliwood

And another 30 reviews all coming to the same conclusion.

Doesn't make it any less over-rated. *Points at user-scores*

If it's an indie game the minimum score it can get is 85% (hyperbole).

IN YOUR OPINION. You could also argue that most Vita games are under-rated by that logic, because most Vita games have higher user ratings than critic ratings.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/vita/userscore

Btw, most indie games score way less than 85%, otherwise don't you think Vita would have a hell of a lot more 85%+ games? :p

Captain_Yuri said:
MikeRox said:
Captain_Yuri said:

You sure have to be desperate if you have to spin it like that... Sure, it will be on Nintendo's VC but it won't until the wiiU is officially dead, yet with the Vita... Oh look, its getting ported with an enhanced edition in less than 2 years since its release

But that is due to the strategy Sony have gone for, of trying to put all their software on everything rather than needlessly restricting games to 1 system for the sake of it.

But we aren't talking about strategy now are we? We are talking about exclusivity...

Actually we're talking about retail software lineups. It's when that stacks in favour of the Vita, that suddenly exclusivity becomes the key aspect.

MikeRox said:
Samus Aran said:

Doesn't make it any less over-rated. *Points at user-scores*

If it's an indie game the minimum score it can get is 85% (hyperbole).

IN YOUR OPINION. You could also argue that most Vita games are under-rated by that logic, because most Vita games have higher user ratings than critic ratings.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/vita/userscore

Btw, most indie games score way less than 85%, otherwise don't you think Vita would have a hell of a lot more 85%+ games? :p

It says hyperbole for a reason. ;)

I don't think games like Fez or Guacamelee deserve these high scores.

Wright said:
Goodnightmoon said:

But they are not the same game! The 3ds version is a downgrade version with half the content, you can´t compare that with Tearaway because one is a fighter game, a pick up and play game, you can have the wiiu version and the 3Ds one, because even if it´s a very inferior version it makes sense to play it on the go.

On the other side, if you can buy Tearaway Unfolded.... then why the hell are you going to buy the PsVita one too? Is a puzzle adventure, once you finish the game, why are you going to be interested on buy and play again the inferior version?