By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Day One Patch for Witcher 3 to Improve Frame Rate Issues Dipping Regularly

Performance issues with the PS4 version of The Witcher 3 will be addressed in the game's day one patch, CD Projekt RED has said.

"Yes. We've already addressed this issue," community coordinator Marcin Momot told one Twitter userasking whether performance will be improved in the day one patch. "Framerate will be better once we official launch the game."

Performance appeared to be one of the major sticking points in some reviews of the PS4 version yesterday, with the game regularly dipping below 30fps.

"The Witcher 3 is vast, intriguing, and enthralling, but consistent performance issues hamper the experience," Brett noted in our review-in-progress.

"I loved exploring every inch of its world. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to every inhabitant in every bizarre bog, thanks to the incredible facial animation and excellent voice acting. But I was constantly taken out of the experience thanks to a frame rate that rarely maintains 30 FPS. Whether I was riding Roach, Geralt's trusty steed, around the wastelands, taking on hordes of ghastly creatures, or simply having a chat in a pub, the experience was never truly stable."

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/news/the_witcher_3_ps4_framerate_issues_to_be_addressed_in_day_one_patch.html

Around the Network

Waiting for the framerate comparisons.. Should be good. Does X1 has frame issues too?

Praise the One.

SweetTalia said:
Waiting for the framerate comparisons.. Should be good. Does X1 has frame issues too?

Strictly speaking it doesn't have framerate issues on the PS4 (If we are to believe the devs). Don't think there's anything on XBO either.

SweetTalia said:

We dont know until release

A stable frame-rate of at least 30fps should ALWAYS come before graphics.

It would still look great if they cut back in some area's.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
that thread title is weird, at first i come here because by tat title i was thinking patch didnt improve the game, why you changed the title of the article ?

Agreed, title threw me off too. Sounded like the patch made it worse or something.

Also, we already knew there would be a day one patch to improve framerate. This is old news

SlayerRondo said:
A stable frame-rate of at least 30fps should ALWAYS come before graphics.

It would still look great if they cut back in some area's.

well they cant cut more because they want the ps4 version as close to the pc version as possible, and cutting the pc version more would increase the outcry that is allready there immensly

SweetTalia said:

From gamersyde video comparison it seems its worse in Xbox One.

As long as it disengages vsync (it would jump down to the next multiple of 60, which is 20, so 20fps, look juddery) , and has some motion blur, it will be ok. If not, it will be distracting to me.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

Hooray, for first day patches, I guess?

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P