By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 16 Sony games to launch in 2015

o_O.Q said:
JWeinCom said:
o_O.Q said:
JWeinCom said:
o_O.Q said:
JWeinCom said:
Mediocre lineup. Hopefully, E3 will bring some holiday games.

based on what? 

Based on the fact that I think the lineup is mediocre and it has few games that look interesting to me?  Do you want like a mathematical proof or something?

my point is that something is not mediocre simply because it doesn't meet your tastes or is uninteresting to you

Then your point is ridiculous.

Next time I guess I'll put in a gif that says THIS IS MY OPINION in big flashing red letters to make it clear that I do not believe myself to be the sole arbiter of quality.  Because somehow it seems, and not just to you but a lot of people in this topic and others, that it is somehow unclear when I give an opinion it is indeed my opinion.

lol all you are demonstrating is that you don't understand what "mediocre"means

otherwise you wouldn't use it to describe games that thus far only have 1 minute trailers 

That has absolutely nothing to do with how the conversation was going, but fine, lets talk about this completely different topic.

First of all, I know exactly what mediocre means.  And based on what I've seen, the lineup is mediocre.  Brush up on those reading skills.

You also might want to brush up on comprehension and logic.  If I've only seen a minute of a game, I can't be excited about it, and hence I would find the lineup to be mediocre.  Since my Delorean can only go to 87 mph, I had to give my opinion based on present knowledge and not based on the future. I'll adjust my opinion accordinly as information becomes available.

While you're at it, brush up on facts.  We have way more than a minutr of footage for Journey and God of War 3.  In fact, we have the whole games.  We also have a very good idea what to expect out of Fat Princess and Tearaway.  We'e seen a good deal of footage from no mans sky and rapture.  As I dont particularly like overly violent games or the work of David Jaffe, I don't see myself enjoying Drawn.  Besides, I don'y play f2p on principle, so I could ignore those three titles. Everybody's golf has been around since PS2, so I have a good idea what to expect.

This leaves 4 games that may interest me. That's what I'd call mediocre in terms of a lineup.

So, if you want to explain why I should be excited about any of these titles, go for it.  But, don't try and tell me that I don't know my own opinion on the lineup.  That's just dumb.

Around the Network

On PS4/X1 so far almost no exclusives interest me. Forza and Bloodborne only, DC would be cool, but I like more sim-leaning racers rather than NFS/arcade stuff.

Multiplats will dominate as they have for ages now (a loose 2015 list of decent to big multiplats) :

Witcher 3 (duh lol)
Batman Arkham
Destiny Year 2
Star Wars BF3
COD Blops3
Madden/Sports/Etc
Assassin's Creed
Wolfenstein Old Blood
Elder Scrolls Online PS4/X1
Rainbow Six Siege
Lego Jurassic World & Marvel Avengers
MGSV
King's Quest Reboot

yadda/infinity

The best exclusives are Nintendo imho. Multiplats will dominate the charts overall for PS4/X1 outside of the rare title like an Uncharted, Halo, GT, Gears (mainline games, not spinoffs/rehashes, of which there are TOO DAMN MANY OF!).

o_O.Q said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

GOW 3  and journey are out. lol. 

no, but in all seriousness, you got me there. really. if i move up, your bishop gets me, if i move left, your rook has me, and if i move right or down, the queen gets me :/ you win. 

if i could retract a little, however, most of these are "just" indie games.. not that indie games are bad by any means, they just arent ambitious titles, so shouldnt we expect the list to be mediocre?

do you understand the difference between indie and downloadable titles?

do you acknowledge that several nintendo games that are released at retail would qualify as downloadable titles on ps4 and xbox one?

a recent example of this is splatoon which in my opinion doesn't appear to come close to the level of content that for example plants vs zombies garden warfare contains

i see i am mistaken again. i misused the term "indie" here, but i think my point still stands. the majority of the games on this list are not by developers that are "independent," but they are still small teams, theyre just being funded by sony. regardless of that, they are still unambitious projects. we know sony is capable of bringing good stuff to the table, but with the ps4, they havent yet at all. the best original title that they have given us so far is, what? infamous? for some reason they are holding back and arent delivering the goods. so again.. its a mediocre lineup. we will see what they have planned for e3. nothing is really leading me to believe that they are going to bring something to ps4 fans before the holiday themselves. honestly, their biggest announcements will probably involve their affiliation with a third party. which is sad. we will know soon enough though.

second: what criteria are you using to say that splatoon would be downloadable only on ps4/x1? the amount of content? if so, then are you saying that there are not any retail games on ps4/x1 that have less content than splatoon? im not sure, but i find that quite hard to believe. is titanfall full of content? what about the order 1886? surely splatoon has more content than these titles or it is at least close. 

Bofferbrauer said:
Not too much to gush about, really. So color me unimpressed yet until E3

I also don't get why Sony only remasters the third God of War and not the whole series while they're at it.

because they already remastered the ps2 ones and the psp ones on the ps3.

unless...

they remaster god of war collection AND god of war saga and release those as a pack ins with god of war 3 remastered :D! thats five games in one.

Face it, exclusives are dead for the most part. A handful will come from time to time but the biggest part of the pie by an absolutely ludicrous margin is multiplats. Hell an x1 or ps4 user could play zero exclusives for the life of the system and still have missed very little in the big picture.

Around the Network

I don't know what most of those games are lol but I think Tearaway looks cute and I'm gonna get it whenever I get a PS4, Rime also looks interesting.

I forgot The Tomorrow Children so it's actually 16 games if you count No Man's Sky.

Don't copy random editorials.

Ka-pi96 said:
beeje13 said:
Is until dawn a triple A game? Is it big? I don't know enough about it.

It's AA at best.

Right those graphics and the people they used as actors are free.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

I just want Rime, Everybody's gone to the Rapture, and The Tomorrow Children. These 3 games look sooooo good.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Im interested in rime, no mans sky and everybodys golf is always a joy