By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3 - Your honest opinion on the game.

Halo 3 the most popular game to be released this generation on XBox Live. Sure Call of Duty 4 has gone passed Halo 3 in total sales multiplatform though. Selling around 7.4 million an impressive figure for Halo 3 being only available for XBox 360 atm. However it will more than likely appear on the PC in two to three years time. Halo 2 appeared on PC last year, three years after launching on the original XBox back in 2004.

Now what is your opinion on this game please give me your opinion on the game as a whole - multi player, single player and how you rate it overall.

Around the Network

I don't get how having it appear on PC later on makes the game any worse on the 360. I played Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube and despite the fact it later appears on other systems it in no way diminished my experience of the game. If there's a game I'm really looking forward to I'd rather play it when it's first available than have to wait 6 months or a year or whatever for it.

I mean say you're a Super Smash Brothers fan and you're told you could get a version of SSBB with 3 more hidden characters, additional stages, better graphics but the only catch is you can't buy the version of SSBB out now and instead have to wait a year.  How many fans of the game would be willing to wait while everyone else plays the game? I can't imagine many yet some people seem to think people should do that in the 360's case. I just don't get their logic.

Very very good. I don't know about multiplayer cause I didn't touch it, but the single player was a wonderful, tight, experience.
The lighting is easily the best in any console game out, but it looks like it will be bested by games coming out on both the 360 and PS3 this year.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I won't talk about the single player that much. I really enjoyed it, but I have to admit that the little interruptions from Gravemind and Cortana really pissed me off...

What I'm a little bit disappointed about are the multiplayers. I hate it when I'm matched up with a bunch of Recruits and going against 3 Majors, 1 Captain and 1 Brigadier in Social Match playlists (pretty much the same with Ranked Match playlists, but it's a matter or rank instead of grade...). The matchmaking system just sucks IMO. Also, the EXP penalties are just very cheap. My ISP sucks, so I get disconnected a lot, and it's not intentional but I still lose EXP because of that! So every 1 out of 8~10 matches, I lose 1 EXP. It's very frustrating because I would never quit a game...

Oh well, I guess I'll just go play Halo 2 on PC until Halo 3 on PC comes out. Dedicated servers FTW!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

The good: The games as an FPS was decent, a normal nothing special FPS games. The multiplayer from what i played worked well.

The bad: As the so called "best" 360 game it was utter crap. The single player was no better but did manage to wrap up the story somewhat.

Around the Network

Who found that Cortana level on Legendary was the most difficult level on single player? That penultimate level was annoying I had to literally crawl through it to get through it, autosaving helped heaps.

It was ok. I believe it was highly overrated but still a good game. Compared to halo 1 and 2 it's the worst , but still a good game that I think deserves high 80s. Halo 1 was my favorite then It declined from there.

Single player: 8 hour game I had to force myself to finish ... 6/10
Multiplayer: Didn't play it, not going to rate it

Auron said:
The good: The games as an FPS was decent, a normal nothing special FPS games. The multiplayer from what i played worked well.

The bad: As the so called "best" 360 game it was utter crap. The single player was no better but did manage to wrap up the story somewhat.

I disagree.

There is plenty of things special about Halo 3. It offers Forge (Doesn't sound like fun, but it has endless possibilities of things to do, 4 player co-op over Live (awesome fun), 4 play split-screen, Action replay which lets you see on these obsurd deaths on youtube, Screenshots, great online stats. etc.

Halo 3 is far from normal.

Most FPS don't even offer HALF of what Halo does. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Rock_on_2008 said:
Who found that Cortana level on Legendary was the most difficult level on single player? That penultimate level was annoying I had to literally crawl through it to get through it, autosaving helped heaps.

Lucky you, sometimes the checkpoints just wouldn't come for me. I killed every Flood and all too... Oh well, I guess it was too hard for Bungie to create an automated checkpoint system like in CoD4 or something?

Seriously, I thought Tsavo Highway was the hardest level on Legendary. Too many darn Brutes! xD

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!