By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24

Just 17 more minutes until I'm on planet Mira...

Around the Network

Welp, that show was disappointing, but at least I have XCX to look forward to tomorrow!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

spemanig said:

I'm on it and I'm loving it. Honestly, I don't know what was all the fuss about the game not explaining a lot of things. I feel like it's a very accesible game, but maybe it's because of my experience with Xenoblade. Also, it feels like a different experience, and that's a good thing. It's weird that I don't feel the need to go on with the story, I lost myself talking with the people in NLA and doing some side quests. I like how they explain the background of the characters in the affinity missions. That's another criticism I read about the game, and, well, if you rush through the game, you'll lose a lot of things. I feel like that's the problem with XCX reviews, most reviewers had to finish the game (most of them didn't even finish it) in a little time, losing what XCX has to offer. The only criticism for me are fetch quests. Maybe I'll do them if they point to an area of the continent but some of them want you to search in the entire continent! And that's insane. And almost impossible if it's a rare item in a determined area. Honestly, I don't know what were they thinking whey they designed these quests.

Volterra_90 said:
spemanig said:

I'm on it and I'm loving it. Honestly, I don't know what was all the fuss about the game not explaining a lot of things. I feel like it's a very accesible game, but maybe it's because of my experience with Xenoblade. Also, it feels like a different experience, and that's a good thing. It's weird that I don't feel the need to go on with the story, I lost myself talking with the people in NLA and doing some side quests. I like how they explain the background of the characters in the affinity missions. That's another criticism I read about the game, and, well, if you rush through the game, you'll lose a lot of things. I feel like that's the problem with XCX reviews, most reviewers had to finish the game (most of them didn't even finish it) in a little time, losing what XCX has to offer. The only criticism for me are fetch quests. Maybe I'll do them if they point to an area of the continent but some of them want you to search in the entire continent! And that's insane. And almost impossible if it's a rare item in a determined area. Honestly, I don't know what were they thinking whey they designed these quests.

It's past midnight and the preload still thinks it's the 3rd. -_-

It's set to EST, and I'm in New York. This shouldn't be an issue.

And yeah, that might be why IGN hasn't done their review yet.

JetSetter said:
curl-6 said:

Every time Nintendo is at one of these events, fans go crazy with predictions of "Pikmin 4 reveal! New Zelda gameplay and title!"

Modern Nintendo is best treated with low expectations. Their showings usually underwhelm.

That's basically the same attitude I have when they have a Direct. I try not to pile on all the hype too much otherwise I'm just setting yourself up to be dissapointed. 

That's bascially me after the Nintendo e3 this year. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Volterra_90 said:

Maybe the preload is set up with PST in mind?  Nintendo does a lot of its stuff according to PST

And hey, I'm happy IGN is taking their time.  I've seen like 5 reviews with under 40 hours under their belt, several with 35 or less.  I'm glad  Jose's review will be from the perspective of someone really deep in.

spemanig said:
Volterra_90 said:

Yeah, that is one thing that i really like about IGN.If they feel like they need more time to review the game, they are not afraid of holding out until then, even if they lose the embargo and the launch.Sure it sucks, but its a more honest opinion and a professional atitude.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nuvendil said:

Maybe the preload is set up with PST in mind?  Nintendo does a lot of its stuff according to PST

And hey, I'm happy IGN is taking their time.  I've seen like 5 reviews with under 40 hours under their belt, several with 35 or less.  I'm glad  Jose's review will be from the perspective of someone really deep in.

It's not. The Eshop specifically said it is available for purchase now. I checked. It's just the preload that's stupid.

spemanig said:
Nuvendil said:

It's not. The Eshop specifically said it is available for purchase now. I checked. It's just the preload that's stupid.

Well nevermind then :P

People are streaming this game on Twitch so it should be out now.