By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24
Platina said:

Well, now I finally beat Bravely Default through the normal route

I was initially planning on running through the game and beating it for the sake of beating it, but I ended up getting a lot of the extras and collecting the Genome Skills, as well as grabbing all the treasure in the Dimensional Hasp. I think I have logged about 100 hours into this game, and though I'm slightly tempted to play New Game+, I think I'm done with this game for good.

I really like the battle system, though I don't feel it's new with the Brave and Default system because I have played other games where you can save up your turns and such. That said, I enjoy playing JRPGs with a classical turn based system so I didn't find it unenjoyable. Being able to change the random encounter rate is an amazing feature that I used to the max, by turning it off when I'm going to a boss and raising it to the max to grind for exp and whatnot.

What I dislike about the game is also the battle system. Despite me liking the classical turn based gameplay, it can be really tedious and annoying at times, which I felt more than I would like playing this game. Boss battles are painstakingly long (especially Airy and Final Boss) and if they cast a team wiping move that you are not prepared for, you have to start the whole battle all over again (even with the Time Mage skill). However, since I dropped the game twice, I switched the difficulty to easy and it made the boss battles a Lot easier, though a handful of boss battles are still difficult without the proper strategies (I use the Poison BP method :p)

I really like the dual paths in the game, allowing you to shatter the crystal early to get the false end, making it open for you to choose when you find out the lies. However, the story is worthless and is really bad. Despite breaking the JRPG stereotype of the 4 heroes saving the 4 crystals, you still have to go through the process of doing so anyways. To get the normal end, you have to saving the crystals 5 times each and you fight the same bosses guarding those crystals. All the side bosses are the same each time around too and only until Chapter 7 and 8, where they pair up the bosses together to make it slightly different. Ending was also very stereotypical with the heroes from other worlds using the power of friendship to boost you to beat the final boss... That said, it was a neat idea for the boss to destroy a world to regain full power so that was interesting to think about

The Final Boss itself had 5 parts and since I played the game on Easy, it wasn't hard at all, just tediously slow. I use the Poison BP method (Poison > Poison > Poisona, where 3 of my 4 units have BP recovery so they gain 2 BP when hit with Poison), so it could partly be my fault for using a [sort of] cheese method to fight all the bosses.. The team wiping move is sacry but not enough to ake my whole team down so he wasn't bad at all, though his move that disables your character is really annoying

Aesthetically, the game looks good. I really like the hand-drawn cities though some of the character models look a bit strange. The music is good as well, and there are a few songs that do shine, and none of the songs are annoying but isn't enough for me to look for a music albums :p

Overall, is a good game with a bad story. Would only recommend to some
7/10

Agree with this.  Though I will add the game story showed potential until the two third point where...ugh ready don't want to mess around with spoilers.  Until the point where certain "things" are revealed about the plot and cast and those "things" prompt some nice reactions and character development.  But all those "things" are then completely and utterly forgotten for the next third of the game.  The plot just completely STOPS and flushes all its potential from earlier revelations down the toilet.  I mean, in the final battles your characters talk as if those "things" they learned earlier they only just heard of.  And why for the love of all that's holy do the repeated bosses STOP GIVING MONEY AND EXP?!  The only good thing about a repetitious boss rush is the feel of mounting power, growing in strength until you are an unstoppable force.  With this, you don't get that at all.  All you get are Job Points that by this point you don't need.  So instead of a mounting feel of building in power towards a climactic showdown, you feel like you are stuck on a really slow elevator in a huge skyscraper that stops on every floor while playing a looping video of a laser light show.  Honestly, my opinion of the game would improve *tremendously* if they just chopped that latter third off.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Platina said:

Well, now I finally beat Bravely Default through the normal route

I was initially planning on running through the game and beating it for the sake of beating it, but I ended up getting a lot of the extras and collecting the Genome Skills, as well as grabbing all the treasure in the Dimensional Hasp. I think I have logged about 100 hours into this game, and though I'm slightly tempted to play New Game+, I think I'm done with this game for good.

I really like the battle system, though I don't feel it's new with the Brave and Default system because I have played other games where you can save up your turns and such. That said, I enjoy playing JRPGs with a classical turn based system so I didn't find it unenjoyable. Being able to change the random encounter rate is an amazing feature that I used to the max, by turning it off when I'm going to a boss and raising it to the max to grind for exp and whatnot.

What I dislike about the game is also the battle system. Despite me liking the classical turn based gameplay, it can be really tedious and annoying at times, which I felt more than I would like playing this game. Boss battles are painstakingly long (especially Airy and Final Boss) and if they cast a team wiping move that you are not prepared for, you have to start the whole battle all over again (even with the Time Mage skill). However, since I dropped the game twice, I switched the difficulty to easy and it made the boss battles a Lot easier, though a handful of boss battles are still difficult without the proper strategies (I use the Poison BP method :p)

I really like the dual paths in the game, allowing you to shatter the crystal early to get the false end, making it open for you to choose when you find out the lies. However, the story is worthless and is really bad. Despite breaking the JRPG stereotype of the 4 heroes saving the 4 crystals, you still have to go through the process of doing so anyways. To get the normal end, you have to saving the crystals 5 times each and you fight the same bosses guarding those crystals. All the side bosses are the same each time around too and only until Chapter 7 and 8, where they pair up the bosses together to make it slightly different. Ending was also very stereotypical with the heroes from other worlds using the power of friendship to boost you to beat the final boss... That said, it was a neat idea for the boss to destroy a world to regain full power so that was interesting to think about

The Final Boss itself had 5 parts and since I played the game on Easy, it wasn't hard at all, just tediously slow. I use the Poison BP method (Poison > Poison > Poisona, where 3 of my 4 units have BP recovery so they gain 2 BP when hit with Poison), so it could partly be my fault for using a [sort of] cheese method to fight all the bosses.. The team wiping move is sacry but not enough to ake my whole team down so he wasn't bad at all, though his move that disables your character is really annoying

Aesthetically, the game looks good. I really like the hand-drawn cities though some of the character models look a bit strange. The music is good as well, and there are a few songs that do shine, and none of the songs are annoying but isn't enough for me to look for a music albums :p

Overall, is a good game with a bad story. Would only recommend to some
7/10

Agree with this.  Though I will add the game story showed potential until the two third point where...ugh ready don't want to mess around with spoilers.  Until the point where certain "things" are revealed about the plot and cast and those "things" prompt some nice reactions and character development.  But all those "things" are then completely and utterly forgotten for the next third of the game.  The plot just completely STOPS and flushes all its potential from earlier revelations down the toilet.  I mean, in the final battles your characters talk as if those "things" they learned earlier they only just heard of.  And why for the love of all that's holy do the repeated bosses STOP GIVING MONEY AND EXP?!  The only good thing about a repetitious boss rush is the feel of mounting power, growing in strength until you are an unstoppable force.  With this, you don't get that at all.  All you get are Job Points that by this point you don't need.  So instead of a mounting feel of building in power towards a climactic showdown, you feel like you are stuck on a really slow elevator in a huge skyscraper that stops on every floor while playing a looping video of a laser light show.  Honestly, my opinion of the game would improve *tremendously* if they just chopped that latter third off.

Haha, I know exactly what you mean xD

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

John19 said:
Platina said:
Anyone want to play Splatoon?

I'm able to

Awesome, can you make the room?

| |

Platina said:
John19 said:

I'm able to

Awesome, can you make the room?

Yep, room is up

Wow, squidbagging squad battles :/

| |

Around the Network

Alright, going to switch to Turf Wars for a bit and will stop

Thanks for playing!

| |

Alright, had some fun games!

mZuzek said:
Nuvendil said:

Ah, THAT'S why The Hulk and Thor weren't there.  They must be Popplio fans.

As if there'd be multiple Popplio fans in the world.

Kinda making me want to smack you right now....

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

mZuzek said:
uran10 said:

Kinda making me want to smack you right now....

At least I'm real, unlike Popplio. It's sad not being able to smack Popplio.

.... I hope starfox goes on another hiatus then :P

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Not sure if any of you use even use rollers, but they've got a fresh new Splat Roller on the way equipped with Splash Walls and Inkzooka! Also some new gear, we know a hat will have damage up and a shirt will have cold-blooded .

I love the blue + metalic design, and naturally I love that kit, which would normally be laughably broken, but should be fair enough on the short range Splat Roller which'll probably have to use the Splash Wall in different ways while the Inkzooka isn't charged. Also this weapon appears to be separate from Sheldon's volume 2 picks. In any case, I can't wait to try it out!