By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloodstained hits Kickstarter from former Castlevania Producer Koji Igarashi (PC/PS4/XBO)

Following numerous hints over the past week, former Castlevania Producer Koji Igarashi has officially taken to Kickstarter, asking players to fund a 2.5-D action-adventure game called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

In 2013, Igarashi left Konami after spending most of his career there. For almost 10 years, he oversaw the company’s Castlevania franchise, and with Bloodstained he’s hoping to create a spiritual successor to that franchise. To do so, he’s teamed with Mighty No. 9developer Inti Creates and former Castlevania composer Michiru Yamane.

Bloodstained’s story centers around a girl named Miriam who has crystals fused into her skin. Those crystals both give her magic abilities and summon demons, and over the course of the game the player will be able to collect and customize crystals to give Miriam new powers.

Igarashi is asking for $500,000 on Kickstarter, which he says will not be the game’s entire budget. He has set up other investments that will cover the remaining portion of the game’s budget if the Kickstarter campaign is successful.

For more on Igarashi, check out today's feature story following him on a day in his life preparing for this Kickstarter campaign.

Around the Network

Wow. Love the art style.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I see if I pledge $60, I receive a physical version. I just may be tempted to do so. I like the designs and the gameplay looks like classic Castlevania.

Sh1nn said:

(PC/PS4/XBO)

Good

Beautiful video too XD

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

I think this is going to be my first Kickstarter pledge ever.

Signature goes here!

I like that they offer a physical copy option for console but 60$ is way too much.

Sweet! Hope it gets fully funded

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Is there not even a Wii U stretch goal? Come on now. The main audience for those games were on Nintendo platforms.

I loved the video for it XD I hope this ends up being successful and hopefully if it passes $500,000 he adds a Wii U stretch goal