By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - “Downgrades article Is Often Misleading and Always Obnoxious

Tagged games:

What is your thought about the article

I am fully agree with the article 4 33.33%

I am agree on some mater but not everything 5 41.67%

I am not agree with article 3 25.00%

I just dont understand what is wrong here. 0 0%

Total:12

The previews for this thread suggested a much longer more in-depth article.

Watch out for my upcoming thread with proof about it has been downgraded from the initial version.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I think producers start with big plans, but then they starting cutting the fat portion simply because consoles aren't capable of running things the way they planned and it ends up falling a bit short in some people's expectation. Personally I care little for the visual factor only.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

makeing good looking games is hard, and the stupid PR guys made such a great looking trailer, i think i make some DLC first and try to make the alpha textures look okayisch later

I thought that we didn't need new consoles, graphics are good enough, we've hit the point of diminishing returns. So what are all these downgrades I hear about now...

Anyway good to know there's still something to look forward to next gen!
All those bullshot trailers will look glorious in 4K.

Btw is their anything in this world that doesn't look better in advertisements than in reality? It's how advertisements work, yet gamers still want to believe they'll get the picture on the left:

It's hard showing how video games actually look of course.
Judging graphics by stillshots of fast moving games, doesn't work. Pause a blu-ray disc during an action sequence and you'll end up with a blurry picture 9 out of 10 times. Games with motion blur don't look good in actual screenshots.
Judging graphcis by you tube video, even worse. Compression hides existing flaws while adding lots of new ones.
Too bad demos don't exist anymore.

When you know the company behind the trailer you know what to expect regarding down or upgrade.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

so the real problem is showing the game way too early

I can understand when kickstarter projects or indies looking for a publisher (after many unsuccessful pitches) are releasing footage early (they don't have the PR money to create nice CG etc for hype anyway), but big games from big publishers should just show debut footage when it's clear that the game will be ready for release within the next 6-12 month

Gamers as a majority think and act emotional, often irrationally.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

The article is on point.

Everything said is true. 

The Witcher 3 is one of the most gorgeous games I have ever seen and these "downgrade" articles/threads just heap needless criticism on the game developers.

They did an excellent job with that game.

Dualshockers is nice for news because they have them before other webs, but for reviews and articles that web sucks hard.