By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mirror's Edge and new Plants vs. Zombies planned for early 2016

EA plans to release the long-awaited Mirror's Edge reboot in early 2016, according to materials prepared for today's investor call. The same presentation also also sets a new Plants vs. Zombies title for release on consoles and PC in the same window.

Both games are slotted for release in the fourth quarter of EA's 2016 fiscal year, which will begin on January 1, 2016 and end three months later on March 31. The yet-to-be-titled Need for Speed is set to arrive in the third quarter, along with NBA Live 16 and Star Wars Battlefront.

DICE showed off a prototype of the new Mirror's Edge during EA's E3 2014 press conference, demonstrating how it was meant to refine both the praised parkour movement and criticized combat of the 2008 original. We haven't seen any more of Mirror's Edge since then, but DICE has apparently been keeping busy outside of its work on Star Wars Battlefront.

The most recent console release for the PvZ series was Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, which shipped in February 2014. The game set for next year is currently titled Plants vs Zombies: TBA - EA CEO Andrew Wilson said it will be a "bigger and bolder" console experience than Garden Warfare, but that's all we know about it so far.

Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/mirrors-edge-and-new-plants-vs-zombies-planned-early-2016/

Around the Network

Yayy for Mirrors Edge. Really hope they show off some footage at e3

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

"Plants vs Zombies: TBA - EA CEO Andrew Wilson said it will be a "bigger and bolder" console experience than Garden Warfare, "
So I guess it's not a traditional PvZ game.

i liked pvzGW but i barely played it. too many bots and too few players. shame no one else likes theses kind of games.

As long as they fixed the combat in Mirror's Edge and made the campaign longer I'm in.  Don't really care about PVZ.