By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X boosted WiiU sales more than Mario Kart 8 (On Japan)

¿?

Good boost 88 79.28%

Meh 6 5.41%

WiiU doomed 17 15.32%

Total:111
spemanig said:
Golden Week.

Golden Week is going to show in next week's numbers.

Around the Network

Dem fap worthy outfits be doing wonders

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nice boost, but I'm not surprised seeing all the hype and Directs in Japan :P

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Not X, the combination of X + bundle, Dragon Quest, and Golden Week. I thought it would do less (around 16k), so I'm a bit surprised. Still, credit is to both releases (One with a bundle), and Golden Week, not only X

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Also, MK8 bundle was released in August/September, months after the original release of the game.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Any boost to WiiU sales is good news. We knew Xenoblade was going to move consoles, let's see if it has any legs.

Slarvax said:
Not X, the combination of X + bundle, Dragon Quest, and Golden Week. I thought it would do less (around 16k), so I'm a bit surprised. Still, credit is to both releases (One with a bundle), and Golden Week, not only X

Dragon Quest X is not even on the top 20 of any chart! So it sold less than 4k, probably half of that. It did nothing for the boost. And I´m repeating myself now but the last GW wiiu was at 8K, only 2k more than the previous week. The 23k this year is because of XCX.

A decent boost but not enough considering everything Golden week + 2 big releases + bundle

Unless it stays ahead of 10k for the 2 next weeks, this isnt on the same level of boost than mario kart ( without bundle, alone, and on a regular week)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Goodnightmoon said:
Dragon Quest X is not even on the top 20 of any chart! So it sold less than 4k, probably half of that. It did nothing for the boost. And I´m repeating myself now but the last GW wiiu was at 8K, only 2k more than the previous week. The 23k this year is because of XCX.

DQX on Wii U sold almost 100k according to Media Create and Famitsu, and almost 90k according to Dengeki.

Not saying it contributed greatly to the boost, but it did chart.

Edit: Oh, you're talking about original. I'm pretty sure people upgrading to the Wii U would've purchased the expansion and not the original copy, though. I think you can transfer data from the Wii game to the Wii U.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Xenoblade has the following going for it:

• Start of Golden Week
  • Actual hardware bundle
  • Dragon Quest X released as well

Comparing them to see which is the better system seller is pointless.