By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Im worried about turff war

I really dont understand the thought process behind how the game choses what level you play on. you should be able to play whatever level you want whenever you want. 

Around the Network

I guess it's so everyone has an even amount of experience and familiarity with each level? Yeah idk, that was definitely one of the dumber reveals.

This game is all about restriction. The developers don't think we're smart or capable enough of making our own decisions.

If this is what the young developers at Nintendo think than I prefer the old dudes.

I thought it was like Mario Kart 8 onlines track selection. You can choose one of the 2 randomly shown maps.

In saying this I hope the later modes and game options allow for level selection with friends.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

"whatever level you want whenever you want" this has never been the case for public online matches in shooters

It is my understanding that two stages will be predetermined at certain times, affording the players the opportunity to tune up their gear for the specific battleground.

As long as I don't play on the same two stage for consecutive hours straight, it shouldn't be too bad. I would preferred it was just chosen at random like other games.

Around the Network

Considering how there aren't too many stages at Splatoon's launch, I don't think this is a huge issue, tbh.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

ihatefatkatz said:

It is my understanding that two stages will be predetermined at certain times, affording the players the opportunity to tune up their gear for the specific battleground.

I guess that makes sense too, but mute whenever the two stages are contrasting ones, ie: one is good for melee weapons while the other gives ranged weapons the advantage.

mZuzek said:
That bothered me too. No idea why we'd have to play on 2 stages for 4 hours instead of just randomizing a stage for each game.

2 Stages for 2 hours. The 2 stages available change every 2 hours. Maybe its because they only have 5 stages at launch. Almost every other thing they showed got me excited though, and I don't even normally play shooters online. The most fun I've had with COD was co-op in spec-ops mode, but that direct made me want this game. I just hope my Nigerian internet speed can handle it. It seems to handle Mario kart well, but Smash bros is laggy

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

I heard its because, before each match you can customize your loadout for either of those 2 maps, so you have the best loadout for that certain map, if it would be too random there would maybe be less strategy and more luck

Well, i see the point, but it would be better to let all stages avaible. Turf War is a "for fun" mode, it should be chaotic.

Ranked could be like that.