By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Global Testfire (Demo)! Post Your Impressions! <(^o^<)

TheGoldenBoy said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
seinsmeld said:
game looks crazy fun, could revolutionize the shooter genre.

Even if it does, it's too bad that the majority of American gamers won't play a shooter where there's no blood/gore.

Destiny didn't have blood/gore and a lot of people played that.

But Splatoon doesn't have a marketing budget of $200.000.000

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Destiny didn't have blood/gore and a lot of people played that.

But Splatoon doesn't have a marketing budget of $200.000.000

I just answered the question. I didn't go into the other details

HyrulianScrolls said:
seinsmeld said:
game looks crazy fun, could revolutionize the shooter genre.

Even if it does, it's too bad that the majority of American gamers won't play a shooter where there's no blood/gore.

Nonsense! That ink explosion when you die with your clothes flying off is pretty graphic!

so 7 ~ 8 Am for me.

I pass

Click HERE and be happy 

I can catch the 1st and 3rd sessions.

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
so 7 ~ 8 Am for me.

I pass

What about the other two times?

Einsam_Delphin said:
EricFabian said:
so 7 ~ 8 Am for me.

I pass

What about the other two times?

well, I can not play tomorrow, but I'll see saturday night

Click HERE and be happy 

I've already downloaded it.

what this "demo" seems to be is a stress test of the servers, MMOs do this usually as the begining part of their "public" alpha/beta phase where the game is only available to the testers for an hour or two a day and between days they use the information from the previous test to adjust the servers and test the new settings with the next session.

And to explain the short times. Short time = a large amount of people playing at the same time, usually. And the longer you make the sessions depending on the genre you can not assure that most of the people will stay on the entire time. MMORPG's stress tests are usually a few hours in length because it a game genre that eats time. Shooters on the other hand are shorter affairs, so the test is shorter to ensure that the user base remain relatively constant during each period.

RolStoppable said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Nope not enough inputs, but maybe you can use the Pro Controller, but then you'd be giving up the map.

Not enough inputs? Like how many different things can you do in this game? Jump and shoot?

Have you really not been following this game mate? If so just watch the direct it covers most everything.