By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Carnival Games expands to DS, back to Wii with Carnival Games: Mini-Golf

After shipping "more than one million units worldwide" with its debut title on the Wii, Take-Two just announced plans to expand its Carnival Games brand with two new mini-game miasmas: Carnival Games for DS and Carnival Games: Mini-Golf for Wii. We expect both to cash in on those nostalgic memories of trips to the carnival with grandpa, including that completely non-hilarious time you stuck your arm too deeply into the cotton candy machine.

The DS version will demand interaction through a "frenzied combination" of stylus maneuvering, tapping, speaking and blowing (no surprise there), and will feature games such as Alley Ball, Frog Leap and the intriguing "Clown Hammer." Do we bludgeon the clowns or do we wield them? We'll find out in Summer.

As for the Wii's Carnival Games: Mini-Golf, it comes exclusively to Wii and can best be described as "a hole in fun," it says here. A myriad of miniature golf courses awaits up to four players when it releases in Fall 2008. Say Harley Howe and Patrick Wilkinson, studio heads of 2K Play's Cat Daddy Games, "These new titles in our growing Carnival Games franchise are fun, have true-to-life physics and deliver on the promise of the original: you can almost smell the cotton candy."

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/11/carnival-games-expands-to-ds-back-to-wii-with-carnival-games-m/

response : Yay. 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

oh god i hope this flops

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

What's funny is, if Carnival Games were to have flopped and Manhunt 2 would have been the success, we probably would be getting a GTA Wii Edition or a new Warriors game. For those that think minigame collections selling doesn't breed more of the same, this will just be the beginning. These developers are going to stick with what works, ports and mingames.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

What ever makes you a few bucks i guess

Need people to play online with me for Brawl.
4382-1731-1511.

Name is DROAK.  

I would actually buy the mini-golf game (if it was cheap). It would probably be pretty fun. I haven't bought the original Carnival Games, and have no interest in the DS version though.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Around the Network

>As for the Wii's Carnival Games: Mini-Golf, it comes exclusively to Wii and can best be described as "a hole in fun,"

A hole in fun.... on Wii.... MUST..RESIST...INNUENDO...!

I don't remember playing mini-golf at carnival. hmmm...

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

hurray :(;

Onyxmeth said:
What's funny is, if Carnival Games were to have flopped and Manhunt 2 would have been the success, we probably would be getting a GTA Wii Edition or a new Warriors game. For those that think minigame collections selling doesn't breed more of the same, this will just be the beginning. These developers are going to stick with what works, ports and mingames.

So you bought Manhunt 2?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Yay, more U$ 500 budget projects. Keep them coming. I have a feeling this one will be so epic it will take 2 instead of the usual 1 weekend.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

kingofwale said:
>As for the Wii's Carnival Games: Mini-Golf, it comes exclusively to Wii and can best be described as "a hole in fun,"

A hole in fun.... on Wii.... MUST..RESIST...INNUENDO...!

I don't remember playing mini-golf at carnival. hmmm...

lol. Nice.

The mini-golf one sounds interesting enough. I just wonder if it'll be any good. I haven't played Carnival Games.