By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OFFICIAL: Halo 3 Release on September 25th, 2007

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12467

"We said Fall 2007, but did you expect Halo 3’s release date to be just two days into the Fall? On September 25, 2007 (just two days after the Autumnal Equinox), players will be able to finish the fight they started in Halo: Combat Evolved and continued in Halo 2. Halo 3 will release in Europe on September 26, 2007. Worldwide dates may vary slightly depending on local rules and conditions."

Around the Network

so now we know which month microsoft kicks some ass.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

It really looks like E3... So Halo 3 will be released before GTA VI ? So those who still hesitate on picking it on PS3 or 360 will have one more AAA game to help them choosing the right console... End of the year looks like the end of time!

Now Loading... Please Wait!

now that (arguably) the biggest game has a release date, will we expect to get announcements of all the other games soon?

jstam said:
now that (arguably) the biggest game has a release date

What time span are you talking about? This year? This generation?

Around the Network

Wow. 5m+ seller in 2007 confirmed. Nintendo's gonna have their hands full very shortly. I wonder how much earlier that the price drop will come vs. H3's launch? MS needs a price drop quickly. Maybe they're putting H3 out quicker because its nearly done + they need it sooner. This should really bode well for GTAIV on 360. There'll be hundreds of thousands of new 360 owners, itching for more than just H3.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

The funny thing, I knew exactly what the first and last posts said before seeing them.

At any rate, we already knew it was coming in that time frame so nothing exciting there.  Now if we can only get release dates for the other huge games of this Christmas that's be nice.  I do wonder if MS and Nintendo are overloading this year's release schedule though, especially since most gamers are still going to have to buy a Wii and/or a 360 to play the games.

I cannot wait to play this game, just for the single player. Multiplayer Halo never really did anything for me (except with friends locally in Halo 1). Hopefully I'll see more round-based Halo games in this version.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

It was a good choice to release it a month before GTAIV...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

mrstickball said:
Wow. 5m+ seller in 2007 confirmed. Nintendo's gonna have their hands full very shortly. I wonder how much earlier that the price drop will come vs. H3's launch? MS needs a price drop quickly. Maybe they're putting H3 out quicker because its nearly done + they need it sooner. This should really bode well for GTAIV on 360. There'll be hundreds of thousands of new 360 owners, itching for more than just H3.

I think it has a much bigger impact on Sony than Nintendo. Most of Nintendo's blockbuster games don't compete directly with Halo 3. It could really suck the life out of Killzone sales though.