By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it worth getting into the Professor Layton franchise?

Every games in the series is more of the same. So once you played one, you've pretty much played them all.

The game is played at a very different pace and most of the puzzle are fairly simple to solve. I think the people that get the most out of this game is by actually investing the time and effort to solve every problem without using a hint or looking it up on the internet.

I love this series and recommend it to any one, you can probably get one of the older game in the series for cheap and this is the kind of game that will age very well. Beautiful cartoon animation that won't feel old has it ages.

Around the Network

If you hate puzzles, then no, but if you like working them out, then you should give it a try

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I don't enjoy it as much as Ace Attorney but its still pretty awesome.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

I was always curious about the Professor Layton games myself. I never got any of the DS titles. But, when Miracle Mask was one of the download titles offered to get the previously unreleased in NA version of Donkey Kong, I decided to give it a try. It was good enough to make me want to get the Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright crossover game when I saw it in the store much later. (That, and I hadn't gotten an Ace Attorney game in a long time, which I rectified during the 3DS sale recently) They are fun games, so if you do enjoy a puzzle game once in a while, it is worth it to check out.

The great thing is they're pretty much self-contained stories, so pick up the first one and see if you like it.

Around the Network

Fantastic enjoyable stories!! I was personally surprised
The puzzles are also amazing and entertaining!!

IMSM