By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best implementation of FXAA in a console game?

Tagged games:

Look at the fur, is perfect with no aliasing at all. But the aliasing at hands, mouth, tie, cap, etc.

How have they done that? There is a AA filter especific for the fur?

BTW, Mario 3D world, when i look that perfect bowser with no aliasing!

Around the Network
jonathanalis said:

Look at the fur, is perfect with no aliasing at all. But the aliasing at hands, mouth, tie, cap, etc.

How have they done that? There is a AA filter especific for the fur?

I actually have no idea what AA solution Tropical Freeze employs, but whatever it is, it looks very nice in motion.

Most of the time

No AA > FXAA

Sharu said:

Oh, nice, I have or played all of them!

- Need for Speed Most Wanted
Looks nice on a gamepad, much worse on TV, Badly implemented.

- Trine 2 Director's Cut
Looks fantastic.

- Splinter Cell Blacklist
Very good. Maybe the best using on FXAA in a big non eShop game.

- Nano Assault Neo
Very good

- Batman Arkham City
Good

- Mass Effect 3
Better than NFS worse than Batman. I think visual style is important.

- Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
Badly implemented. The blurriest for me

- Resident Evil Revelations
Good.

That's pretty much what I'd say too.

Wii U entered the market during the boom of FXAA, so it's multiplat games mostly use this method, or other post-process variants.

If I had to pick the best on the platform, I'd go with their Splinter Cell or Nano Assault.

Obviously, you can find more refined applications on the more powerful PS4/Xbone, but I haven't inspected those closely enough to make a call.

After Skyrim I can't stand using FXAA like at all.

If there's any game that comes out and only gives you FXAA as an AA option then they are giving you poor options and are quite lazy and in turn I find myself just flat out not using the only FXAA option they sometimes give (certain indie games) and just opt with using my Nvidia CP and forcing AA from there, sometimes even using DSR for older games, FXAA just ruins quite a lot tbh with it making things too blurry most of the time.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"