By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Adding Blu Ray Support!!!

I found some marks on my Xbox 360 Elite. Not scratches, but marks. Damn it! It's totally unacceptable. My Playstation 3 has scratches. My Wii has scratches. My DS has scratches. My PSP has scratches. They all have scratches! Why can't I have one with no scratches? I'm so pathetic... But it's just so annoying. Those marks, and scratches, keep winking me in the eye. UG! I also found a scratch on my Atari 2600. It's like my consoles fight each other when I'm gone, and that's how they all get scratched up.

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:
phew, *gasps for air*

thought it was gunna be in the 360!

Why phew?  I thought you loved Sony?  What would be bad about having their format in the 360?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

NeoRatt said:

I don't remember saying Sony in my original post (Or implied)...  They won the format war hands down.  Just relax.  I happily play blu-ray because there sure aren't many games out for the PS3s.

I was not talking about you. I was talking about Steve Ballmer's quote on the OP's post. he obviously has issues with Sony's format winning, and that's what provoked his response. 

starcraft said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
phew, *gasps for air*

thought it was gunna be in the 360!

Why phew? I thought you loved Sony? What would be bad about having their format in the 360?

Blu-ray isn't Sony's format it is a joint project by many companies so you fail off the bat.  As to your question well, Blu-ray might or might not play a role in selling more PS3s and if the 360 doesn't have BR capabilities then that is a plus for PS3 over 360 if BR takes off significantly that is.

phil said:
Sansui said:
Not to mention that digitally distributed media doesn't have the environmental impact of physically produced goods. No plastic that will live on longer than we can imagine, no CO2 emissions. It's a good way to reduce your carbon footprint. 

You seem to be ignoring the environmental impact of the infrastructure required for digital distribution of media.  Those cables, routers, and datacenters all require energy, steel, concrete, and in the case of the electronics, lots and lots of silicon, which is very nasty to make.  It's probably not as bad as plastic, but it's also not as clean as you think.

Nothing we produce is truly clean, there is always something.  The key is reducing emissions and waste, and if you think the carbon footprint involved in distributing 5 million copies of a game from a datacenter is anywhere near the footprint produced from factories printing, packaging, and shipping those same 5 million game copies worldwide, you are delirious.