By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Incognito, Sony to Split?

Rumor: Sony And Incognito Calling It Quits?

Well, this could be bad news for those hoping to see another Twisted Metal installment exclusive to a Sony platform. A rumor is circulating that says Sony is going to call it quits with Incognito after Warhawk is complete.

This particular posting cites both internal and external sources, but it's certainly not official. Apparently, Sony hasn't been too happy with the developer recently, and they're finally planning to end the relationship. And of course, we really have no idea what Incog would do if the ties were severed; a new Twisted Metal title isn't out of the question. Furthermore, Sony might offer to let some members of the team stay on to develop for SCE. But the future is very much in doubt, no matter what.

If Sony officially announces the split, we'll be sure to update this story with the truth. And if that does happen, we do hope Incognito doesn't entirely close up shop, simply because they've given us some pretty memorable games in the past.

Around the Network

Whoa ... I'm not touching this rumor until someone can debunk it, cause it is potentially big. Games Developed By Incognito according to Wikipedia: Warhawk (PlayStation 3) *currently in development Calling All Cars (Playstation 3 -- PSN) Twisted Metal: Head-On (PlayStation Portable) Twisted Metal: Black (PlayStation 2) Twisted Metal: Black Online (PlayStation 2) Twisted Metal: Small Brawl (PlayStation) War of the Monsters (PlayStation 2) Downhill Domination (PlayStation 2)

Wow that is a hefty rumor!

Incog never had the impact Singletrac did. I guess it really does come down to a question of just how important Twisted Metal is to Sony at this stage. All that really matters is that they keep Jaffe on.

Shane said:
Incog never had the impact Singletrac did. I guess it really does come down to a question of just how important Twisted Metal is to Sony at this stage. All that really matters is that they keep Jaffe on.

I hated Twisted Metal... Like you said its a matter of what Jaffe wants and Calling All Cars is hugely popular receiving thousands of downloads. And WarHawk is going to help move a good amount of consoles so I'm doubting this rumor. Incog is Sony's 2nd Party dev.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453