By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which game will sell better, Splatoon or Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Add Poll: Which game will sell better, Splatoon or Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Splatoon. 380 52.85%

Xenoblade Chronicles X. 258 35.88%

Tie. 37 5.15%

Neither. People is saving... 44 6.12%

Total:719
OttoniBastos said:
I don't know which will sell more but I feel Xenoblade X will sell less than it deserves and splatoon will be the other way around.

Why doesn't Splatoon deserve to sell?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Nuvendil said:
mZuzek said:

I think the main reason people are bashing Splatoon for is being a shooter more than being colorful. But that's just as stupid.

Or they just happen to think XCX is the more ambitious title?  You can make a legitimate argument for both you know. 

It's certainly far more ambitious, but that doesn't necessarily make it better. Simple games can be very good too.

Yes, but with pre-release games that both look good, ambition can easily be the tipping point for many people.  I believe both will be good myself, but I lean more towards XCX in terms of what I personally like.

And I think a lot of people underestimate the market potential of XCX, even if achieving that potential will be dificult.

Nuvendil said:
Or they just happen to think XCX is the more ambitious title?  You can make a legitimate argument for both you know.  

Saying Splatoon doesn't deserve to sell has nothing to do with XCX, really.

Both seem to be great games, probably two of the five best games of this console generation.

XCX is the successor of XC that sold already well especially in EU and US. XCX has even more appeal because of HD graphics. I now several people that didn't want to try XC because of the lowres graphics. So XCX should have a broader audience than XC.

It is very hard to predict sales for Splatoon. This game is innovative, fresh and new. Something that is not always accepted by a broader audience.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 February 2023

Around the Network

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 February 2023

OttoniBastos said:
For my point of view(i will say again,FROM MY POINT OF VIEW) xenoblade chronicles is that kind of game that not only was ambitious like the other guy said but it's very underrated.

Splatoon feels like an indie game that some people are desperate trying to make it look the next "big thing" and it probably will sell better than Xeno cause it's made BY NINTENDO itself and not "the guys nintendo bought sometime ago".

But again it is my opnion and have nothing to do with the game being cartoonish(Xenoblade is kind of cartoonish btw)

What makes it feel like an indie game?

Furthermore, what does an indie game feel like? I haven't seen any indie games that look or feel like Splatoon.

Splatoon because I think it'll have more mainstream appeal since it's a shooter with multiplayer components.

bigtakilla said:
Soundwave said:
Splatoon.

Nothing non-cartoony/mascot-ey has sold particularly well on the Wii U and I doubt Xenoblade is changing that (other than like maybe Hyrule Warriors which has an obvious IP advantage).

Both will be sales disappointments though (unless you set the bar fairly low).

How much are you expecting these to sell? I'm thinking 600k fairly quickly, over a mil ltd. Same as Bayo 2.

Bayo has far more appeal and isn't a lock for those numbers....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Skullwaker said:
OttoniBastos said:
For my point of view(i will say again,FROM MY POINT OF VIEW) xenoblade chronicles is that kind of game that not only was ambitious like the other guy said but it's very underrated.

Splatoon feels like an indie game that some people are desperate trying to make it look the next "big thing" and it probably will sell better than Xeno cause it's made BY NINTENDO itself and not "the guys nintendo bought sometime ago".

But again it is my opnion and have nothing to do with the game being cartoonish(Xenoblade is kind of cartoonish btw)

What makes it feel like an indie game?

Furthermore, what does an indie game feel like? I haven't seen any indie games that look or feel like Splatoon.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Splatoon looks nothing like an indie game... I can't see similarities? It focus on multiplayer components, has pretty graphics (on of the best, if not THE best on the U yet), but has also a SP campaign.

OT: I believe Splatoon will sell better. I don't even believe XCX will cross the million mark, maybe eventually if it has some legs in the west. Splatoon otherwise, with day 1 bundles, lots of adverts on the west and being made by Nintendo itself... I can see it easily surpassing the 1 million mark. In fact, I believe it'll reach 2m+ LT.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won