By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Results are out, predict how many PS4s Sony has shipped last quarter

2.8m

2.4m PS4

Around the Network

PS4 LTD shipment should be 22.3M as of April 1st 2015, right?

Forecast 16 million PS4s for FY15. Not sure if we'll get a $299 price point this year guys.

Network sales up 151M (200M in FY13, 351M in FY14)

No forecast for PS3, PSV or software, weird.

NewGuy said:

PS4 LTD shipment should be 22.3M as of April 1st 2015, right?

Forecast 16 million PS4s for FY15. Not sure if we'll get a $299 price point this year guys.

Network sales up 151M (200M in FY13, 351M in FY14)

No forecast for PS3, PSV or software, weird.

FY2015 ends 31st March 2016

If they don't cut the price to 299 until that point, i would be very suprised
Will console socks be made in 20nm or will they skip like graphiccard and go to 14/16nm instead?

sergiodaly said:
2.8 combined sounds like a good number.

Bullseye

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

DerNebel said:

For your orientation Sonys February forecast expects them to ship 2.4 million PS3s+PS4s this quarter, but Sony has also already sold through 1.7 million PS4s between beginning of Januray and beginning of March.

Here to motivate you while thinking about your predictions: http://nyanpasu.jp/

LOL i dont know why but i was expecting some numbers to guide myself in that link XD

anyway i think a little bit above 2.4m but less than 3m

Around the Network
estebxx said:
DerNebel said:

For your orientation Sonys February forecast expects them to ship 2.4 million PS3s+PS4s this quarter, but Sony has also already sold through 1.7 million PS4s between beginning of Januray and beginning of March.

LOL i dont know why but i was expecting some numbers to guide myself in that link XD

The numbers are already out ;)

2.4m PS4 + 0.4m PS3 = 2.8m

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Troll_Whisperer said:
estebxx said:
DerNebel said:

The numbers are already out ;)

2.4m PS4 + 0.4m PS3 = 2.8m

yeah i didnt notice that, i only read the OP and commented :/ but hey i was right in my "prediction"

bananaking21 said:
2.4 million shilled for ps4 is my prediction.

damn son. spot on. you truly are a genius

bananaking21 said:
bananaking21 said:
2.4 million shilled for ps4 is my prediction.

damn son. spot on. you truly are a genius

Haha :D

Why is the title updated but not the OP. OP should be updated with results.

Anyhoo 2.4 million is interesting because VG Chartz has PS4 selling ~2.9 million for this quarter, but VGC's LTD for PS4 is pretty close to being spot on, with about 900K on shelves when compared to shipments as of 31 March. So Sony somewhat over shipped in the December quarter by the look of things, though I can't remember what the shipment report was for the Dec Q compared to Sony's own announcement of LTD sell through. I do think we figured out that Sony had fairly well over 1 million PS4's in hand on 1 January. So it does seem fairly certain that Sony sold more than it shipped last quarter.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix