By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I plan on getting a Playstation 4

Airaku said:
Ugh so many good games!

Batman Arkham Knight is coming out and it looks phenomenal! I would suggest saving a few bucks for that!

I'm going to Resident Evil: Revelations 2. Such a damn good game, the plot is phenomenal! It brings backs the classic feel to an extent. You may not enjoy it if you are a veteran of the series though. It really is not friendly to the newer crowd and the story will be incredibly confusing.

Wolfenstein the new order was a great shooter and not military based at all. Sure it's a WWII based but it's nothing militaristic at all!

Infamous Second Son is a fun action adventure, a little underwhelming at times but still fun.

Killzone Shadow Fall is underrated but was actually quite enjoyable for a launch title.

GTA V if you haven't played it.

I actually enjoyed the Order of 1886. It offered a new experience that was engaging and was unlike anything else. Some real innovation here, unfortunately it is not forever one.

The Last of Us remasterd (again if you haven't played it)

There are tons of great games on the PS4 and more coming! I tried to keep this list short based on current games aside from the top pick which comes out in just months! :D

Yes! The Last of Us! I shall definitely get it for the PS4. I know, I know... it is complete blasphemy that I have never played this game.

I have played GTA V, and while it is technically impressive and a fun game - I have always struggled to complete GTA games as they can never seem to hold my interest. I will likely get it when it is reduced. 

Resident Evil Revelations 2 and The Order 1886 are appealing. Infamous Second Son has me intrigued also, and I have noticed that it has been referred to me by a few people now. 

Killzone and Wolfenstein are the two I am unsure of getting. I will have to investigate them haha. 

Around the Network

Out of the games out now id recommend Bloodborne and Oddworld: New n Tasty. If you havent already played The Last of Us, def that too. Also Alien Isolation, Far Cry 4, and Dragon Age: Inquisition if you havent played those on another platform.

For future games id keep an eye on Uncharted 4, Persona 5, and Disgaea 5.

Hope you enjoy your purchase :)

Toxy said:
Ruler said:
Evil within, knack werent mentioned yet

I have played Evil Within a lot on the Xbox 360. While I am sure the PS4 version plays and looks better, it is too soon for me to upgrade this game. I appreciate your input though!
Knack I am on the fence with, I have heard many mixed things about Knack so I may need to check it out and see if it appeals to me. I try not to let reviews prevent me from playing games, as I have found a few good titles that I have really enjoyed despite the mixed reception.

It looks quite a lot better than last gen

inFamous: Second Son is a lot of fun and it looks phenomenal. It's also really cheap now, I picked up my copy for $20 a few months back.

As other people have already suggested most of the great games on the PS4, I will just say that you should definitely give ffxiv a try. It's the one rpg kind of experience I'd been looking for for years, as well as my first mmorpg and the only game I like playing online.

Around the Network

I will be getting a PS4 as well but do not know when. However, I will be getting the following games when I do

Persona 5
Star Ocean 5
Final Fantasy 15
The Elder Scrolls Online
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Kingdom Hearts 3
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Bloodborne
Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires
Alienation
Diablo III
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
God Eater 2: Rage Burst (if it gets localized)

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
I will be getting a PS4 as well but do not know when. However, I will be getting the following games when I do

Persona 5
Star Ocean 5
Final Fantasy 15
The Elder Scrolls Online
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Kingdom Hearts 3
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Bloodborne
Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires
Alienation
Diablo III
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
God Eater 2: Rage Burst (if it gets localized)

Persona 5 looks interesting.

Star Ocean 5 looks awesome.

I am definitely getting Final Fantasy XV

The Elder Scrolls Online... hmm. Not sure about this one. It was universally panned, and even my friends who have played every Elder Scrolls game have suggested that I should stay away from this one. It is often said that not only is it a bad Elder Scrolls, but also a bad MMORPG.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt looks amazing. I will be getting this one too.

Kingdom Hearts 3 - a definite yes (my second all time favourite franchise).

Dragon Quest Heroes looks like a lot of fun, so yes.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is a maybe. I personally think The Witcher looks better, and open world games take up so much time so I need to prioritise a bit haha.

Bloodborne is a hell yeah. 

Dynasty Warriors 8: Empire I will also investigate further and I will likely get it at a reduced price.

Alienation I have never heard of. I will have to check this one out.

Diablo III looks good but I honestly thought they could have done better considering how long it was in development for.

Final Fantasy Type-0 is likely another buy from me.

God Eater 2: Rage Burst also looks interesting. I shall look into it more.

Overall this is a solid list. Thank you for your input :)

Sorry if its been mentioned, but Borderlands: Handsome Collection is a pretty excellent deal. Both games look almost as good as they do on PC and for the most part the port of the pre-sequel isn't too bad. I did encounter one or two minor bugs with the vendors, but nothing major.

There's always Samurai Warriors 4 if you're looking for a light pick up and play title. Lots of replayablility with the warriors games.

Spelunky is a solid platformer that you can also pick up on PSN. Be warned tho, its a rogue-like so perma-death is a thing.

Destiny combines RPG and shooter mechanics and I personally wouldn't classify it as a military one. I personally don't care for the loot system in this one, or the overall MMO feel, but its still a solid game.

Persona 5 is set to release this year, although it could be pushed back. There's also always the possibility that the english release won't be until 2016.

Transistor is a pretty solid game as well. There are some RPG mechanics with a tactical-real-time battle system. A lot of the games lore is hidden in item descriptions as well, similar to Souls games. Game is a little short though.

Bastion is also from the same developers who made Transistor. It was their first game(I think) and just recently came to PS4. Its a pretty solid action-adventure game, although like Transistor, a bit on the short side.

Tons of stuff on the PS4 to suit your tastes. If none of these appeal to you, I would recommend heading to GameFAQs and browsing through games there. That's usually what I do when I'm looking for something new to play that I probably havn't heard of before :D

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Toxy said:

Yes! The Last of Us! I shall definitely get it for the PS4. I know, I know... it is complete blasphemy that I have never played this game.

I have played GTA V, and while it is technically impressive and a fun game - I have always struggled to complete GTA games as they can never seem to hold my interest. I will likely get it when it is reduced. 

Resident Evil Revelations 2 and The Order 1886 are appealing. Infamous Second Son has me intrigued also, and I have noticed that it has been referred to me by a few people now. 

Killzone and Wolfenstein are the two I am unsure of getting. I will have to investigate them haha. 

The Last of Us is amazing! The narrative and story in that game is pure brilliance! The ending well..... left me feeling bitter on my first play though. In my second play through it made much more sense because it showed me a whole different perspective of the game, particularly Joel.

Ugh I could never finished a GTA game and I would get so bored. 5 is the only exception for me, I loved it! The online is great as well1 :)

Definitely try the Order or 1886, rent it if you are a little skeptical. It is something really different and it is fairly short. Around 7-8 hours, it took me 10 or so hours to get the platinum trophy but I really enjoyed every second of it!

As for Revelations 2, I hope you've played enough of the series. If you have not then this game is not for you. If you have and you are a huge fan of the series then this is the game you NEED! It's one of the best enteries in the series for a while and the story is so freaking good! Wesker's back!!!! Mwwwwhahahahahahaha! ;)
PS. I didn't spoil shit!

Give Wolfenstein a spin, even if it's a rental or try to borrow it. It is a VERY good game and probably the best FPS of this generation to date. It feels more classic as well as being new and refreshing. Like skill tree's that you unlock and great stealth elements for a FPS. There are so many interesting gameplay elements in this game. Killzone Shadowfall is a much better game that people give it credit for. It still gets support and has a big player base even to this date. Though if you're not a huge FPS fan and very selective of that genre. Skip this game, it will NOT appeal to you at all. It does however have a phenomenal sense of exploration for a FPS title.

InFamous: Second Son is fun and looks beautiful but it does have its flaws. Definitely one of the best titles for it's time, but I would say it's not the first pick for the PS4. I would go with BloodBorne as the PS4's flagship exclusive at this time.

I also want to add one more game that will be out later this year (I know I only want to keep it to games currently released). Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain! This game is going to be amazing and I'm not normally the one to say a game won't fail before release, because it happens all the time. However there is NO WAY IN HELL that Phantom Pain will possibly be a crap game. Heck, I'm actually pretty certain that it will win Game of the Year hands down by a long shot! There's some pretty big competition this year and that's even taking in consideration of all the games that got delayed into 2016. Also there is a huge rumor that we will see a new Resident Evil at E3, hopefully we FINALLY see RE7 as it has been in development since 2012. There are rumors for a Code Veronica X remake though, it may very well be that.

I do plan on getting one too, but my wallet didn't plan anything.