By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix hosting E3 conference (June 16 9AM PST/ 12PM EST)

Ali_16x said:
bigtakilla said:
Final Fantasy Type-0 XOne 2015 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.06 0.01 0.00 0.00 0.07
2 Dragon Quest X WiiU 2013 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.00 0.00 0.24 0.00 0.24

Yeah, I wouldn't be so sure.

Heck, if they would just release DQX outside of Japan it'd easily be a million +

Yeah them making a Wii U is still unlikely.

True, Nintendo makes the Wii U.

Around the Network

Kingdom Hearts reveal. I'm calling it. They are going to give the FF XV release date with a KH reveal as well as more TR footage and a new IP. If they are doing a conference its going to go down!

HollyGamer said:
bigtakilla said:
HollyGamer said:
I am waiting for their announcement and looking forward to see all of their shows only for mobile phones, free to play and old port.

This is why I have my doubts. But they did do good with SO5, so perhaps there is some hope left for SE to come back.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

If they make for themselfs a conference i think they have to announce important things. What is very likely is the release date of ff xv and new info (trailer and gameplay) of kh 3 and another thing what could happen is the announcement of a new game (a new mana game could be very possible)...

Cloudman said:
HollyGamer said:
bigtakilla said:
HollyGamer said:
I am waiting for their announcement and looking forward to see all of their shows only for mobile phones, free to play and old port.

This is why I have my doubts. But they did do good with SO5, so perhaps there is some hope left for SE to come back.

nah, i am just joking , But the key is always to keep our expectation on check. Star Ocean 5 reveal success was a good result of keeping our hype meter below. If we keep thinking like this, if there is a small good news coming it will make us grateful, and if it's a bad news, it will help us avoiding stress and disappointment.

Around the Network

that pretty much implies a meaty update from both KH3 and FF 15. and of course a new big title announcement.

HollyGamer said:
Cloudman said:

nah, i am just joking , But the key is always to keep our expectation on check. Star Ocean 5 reveal success was a good result of keeping our hype meter below. If we keep thinking like this, if there is a small good news coming it will make us grateful, and if it's a bad news, it will help us avoiding stress and disappointment.

Yeah, it's good to keep our expectations in check, but I would like it if Square could go back to being the great company like they used to be... : /

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
HollyGamer said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah, it's good to keep our expectations in check, but I would like it if Square could go back to being the great company like they used to be... : /

I think that is everyone's dream especially JRPG lover or gamers who experienced the past with Japanese golden era of video games. and i bet every one want to see every Japanese publisher and developer back again in the Industry.

HollyGamer said:
Cloudman said:
HollyGamer said:
Cloudman said:

I think that is everyone's dream especially JRPG lover or gamers who experienced the past with Japanese golden era of video games. and i bet every one want to see every Japanese publisher and developer back again in the Industry.

That is what I'm hoping for to happen. There had been quite a lack of JRPGs lately, especially in this gen, aside from handhelds. I hope more of them will be made in the future...

Dance my pretties!

Ali_16x said:
Materia-Blade said:

"It will NEVER be multiplatform between Wii U and PS4, I guarantee you that. It has never happened before with Japanese companies or should I say it rarely happens"

What happened or not in the past is irrelevant. a multiplatform DQ would be beneficial for square and remains a possibility.

"it will either be PlayStation exclusive or Wii U exclusive and considering the sales of Dragon Quest X on Wii/U vs Dragon Quest Heroes on PS3/PS4 I would say that it'll be on PlayStation."

Are you even trying to gather information? DQ X is an mmo. It would have sold much more as a traditional DQ but it's making tons of money as it is. wii + wii u have an active userbase of a few hundred thousands for DQX and they pay a monthly fee to play it.

"I mean look at the mainline FF series, it still hasn't come to Nintendo home consoles."

Irrelevant. look at dragon quest, wich is the subject being discussed.

"Also Verendus(Sony insider who also said DQ was coming back too PS consoles, it was DQH) said that DQ8 is getting a remastered, the signs are all pointing too it being a PS exclusive."

Sounds like just a rumour, and just for a remaster, not DQ 11.

"SE has said more PS4 announcements are coming and it seems like a good time for DQXI too be announced"

And this could mean anything, dragon quest or not, multiplatform or not. The fact stands that we know nothing of DQ 11 except that it's probably for home consoles.

"Also all the things you said about the Wii U in your previous post won't happen, like FF15 coming to Wii U and KH. Espically with the sales of the Wii U."

There's no reason why it couldn't happen. the sales of wii u? those games were announced for ps4 and x1 when they had 0 sales. Also, wii u is the best selling home console in japan for the 8th gen.

Lol why is the past irrelevant? What makes you think anything has changed on the way the handle their games? Also if a multiplatform game is beneficial for Square then why don't they release Bravely Default on PSV? It would sell really well in Japan. Why isn't Type 0 on Wii U? Why isn't DQH on Wii U? Why isn't FF Explorers on Vita? Just Cause 3 Wii U? FF XIV on Wii U? Why isn't DQ10 on PS3/PS4? I could go on and on and on. They do exclusives for PS consoles and they do exclusives for Nintendo handles, and they don't care about Wii U games, even the multiplatform games. What makes you think FFXV and KH3 will just come to Wii U? Why didn't the previous ones come to Nintendo home consoles? FF9, 10, 11, 12, 13? Boy you are going to be waiting forever if you think FFXV and KH3 would come to Wii U.

I know that it's a MMO but fair enough. What I am sure of is, it won't be multiplatform, it'll either be PS or Nintendo exclusive and I'll go with it being PS exclusive because they would make more money. Why? Because it won't come to Wii, it's a old and weak console, they aren't going to bother with it. Which will leave it too being a Wii U exclusive and with the sales of the Wii U, it won't happen. It'll be a PS3/PS4 exclusive because they would make a lot more money off it and espically the PS4 in the west. People are just waiting for JRPGs in the west.

You can downplay Verendus all you want but that's because you know nothing about him, he's a real insider and trusted too. I'll take his word for.

Also I'm not sure why you keep saying but it's not DQ11, I'm saying all these things because the signs are pointing for DQXI too be exclusive on PS consoles, DQH and a DQ8 remaster on PS4,yup I'm going to say it'll be on PS4. And SE has gotten very close to Sony since the launch of the PS4 mostly because of its success.

"Lol why is the past irrelevant?" Because it doesn't automatically say what can and can't happen.

"Also if a multiplatform game is beneficial for Square then why don't they release Bravely Default on PSV? It would sell really well in Japan. Why isn't Type 0 on Wii U? Why isn't DQH on Wii U? Why isn't FF Explorers on Vita? Just Cause 3 Wii U? FF XIV on Wii U? Why isn't DQ10 on PS3/PS4?"

It's ok for smaller titles to remain exclusive but we're talking about their biggest games. As for your list of questions, let's go in order: 1-Bravely default isn't that big and vita's base is really small. 2- Bribery/stupidity/. 3- Obviously a deal between sony and square. 4- Same as 1. 5- same as 2. 6- mmo that's already old and would be too much effort. 7- Same as 6.

"They do exclusives for PS consoles and they do exclusives for Nintendo handles, and they don't care about Wii U games, even the multiplatform games"

They do exclusives for nintendo home consoles too. don't you check data?

"What makes you think FFXV and KH3 will just come to Wii U? Why didn't the previous ones come to Nintendo home consoles? FF9, 10, 11, 12, 13?"

Because it can and makes all the business sense. sony had exclusivity deals for those previous final fantasies up to 13. 13 didn't come to wii because of hardware but we missed nothing. Now answer why DQ 7 and 8 were on PS and why DQ 9 and 10 were on nintendo. see how the past is irrelevant? every gen has it's own context.

"You can downplay Verendus all you want but that's because you know nothing about him, he's a real insider and trusted too. I'll take his word for."

Sounds like a rumour for DQ 8 remaster, completely unrelated to 11.

"Also I'm not sure why you keep saying but it's not DQ11, I'm saying all these things because the signs are pointing for DQXI too be exclusive on PS consoles, DQH and a DQ8 remaster on PS4,"

This again? THERE ARE NO SIGNS POINTING EXCLUSIVITY. The game may or may not end up exclusive but there are no signs right now. DQ heroes is a musou spin off and DQ 8 is a rumour. If anything, it shows sony asking for exclusivity and square only giving them that instead of a numbered game. Also, why do you think a rumour and a musou spin off mean more than the mos recent numbered DQ being Nintendo exclusive and still being supported.

Lastly "yup I'm going to say it'll be on PS4"

Feel free to say that, it makes sense. what doesn't makes sense is saying it will only be on ps4 for no reason.