By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Avengers: Age of Ultron - Thoughts & Spoilers

All I can say is, the Thor Hammer scene where everyone was trying to pick it up was funny and the look on everybody when the Vision was able to do it. lol!

Around the Network

I wished instead of thanos it would be like a black panther teaser or something....

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
I wished instead of thanos it would be like a black panther teaser or something....

Or Spiderman

jlmurph2 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

Or Spiderman

Probably way too late for that. Hopefully we'll see a cameo or post credit scene of him in Captain America 3.

TheGoldenBoy said:
jlmurph2 said:

Or Spiderman

Probably way too late for that. Hopefully we'll see a cameo or post credit scene of him in Captain America 3.

They shot that post credit scene for The Avengers like right before the opening. But I guess you're right if they don't actually have a Spiderman casted yet.

Around the Network

Check out this guy. Lars Andersen. Just google his name with Archer in title. He tells how Hollywood made up the quiver and this guy makes Hawkeye look like a noob. Its a 5min video real cool.

Feel free to add me to your Ps friends list.

Megid2013

Pros:
Best action of a Marvel movie yet
Ultron was done well
Great Cast
Cameos!

Cons:
Some odd plot choices (Hulk and Window Romance, Thor's whole dream thing)

All said and done, this is now my 2nd favorite Marvel movie. Whedon is basically a God as far as I'm concerned.

I thought there were some hilarious lines throughout the movie though lol. Like when Quicksilver ran off with his sister past Hawkeye near the end.

"Nobody would know....Nobody...Last time I saw him, Ultron was sitting on him. I'm gonna miss him..Miss that lil bastard already.."

A large part of what made The Avengers so successful was the relative simplicity of the plot; straightforward and it didn't really require knowledge of the five films that preceded it, even though seeing them all would have enhanced the experience.

Age of Ultron was unquestionably a part of a serial, and part of the problem of serials is that they require knowledge of previous chapters or some sort of recap to explain the current situation based upon previous events. Without that emotional investment in the characters, the gravitas is lost; at this point, either you like the characters and have intimate knowledge of them, or you don't care and the entire relevance of the story is lost.

As the MCU continues to add layers with each additional chapter, the universe becomes more complex and convoluted; either you are on top of everything or you aren't and have to focus on the basics each new film provides and then the individual merits of any given chapter boils down to how well it functions as a standalone chapter (Guardians of the Galaxy was particularly successful in accomplishing this).

I was satisfied. But, I have seen all chapters multiple times and have read a lot of the source material that was the blueprint for the films while not being emotionally attached to the source materials in that I expect consistency between the two mediums. It's not fair to expect this of a general audience.

As the penultimate chapter of Phase 2, it had quite a few game changers leading into Phase 3, but none of that really doesn't matter to a casual viewer or anyone without an emotional investment in the MCU.

There were quite a few red herrings thrown into the "sneak" info leading into the release of the film.

All of the Scarlet Witch visions of the future were essentially misleads of what really happened in the film (Cap's broken shield, etc.).

The "sneaks" led me to believe Age of Ultron would be the intro to Black Panther, with the knowledge that he was getting his own film. Wakanda, the Vibranium Mound, Captain America's replacement shield, etc. were all a big mislead based upon the assumption that someone/something would break Cap's shield. In the comics, Black Panther gives Steve Rogers a new shield made of vibranium when he relinquishes his original shield and the title of Captain America. None of that happened in the film.