By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Step-by-step how to host in SSBB online?

Guys/ Girls lend me your ears!
>.<

Umm, yes I need your help.
I'm been trying to play a game now for about an hour and haven't played a single match.
I already have the brawl code set-uped. So how do I host?
What do I do after I press create room?
Do I press yes when it asks "begin brawl"?
At which point do other people start joining?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

I have had trouble just getting Nintendo's WFC to pick up at all.
So I am interested to hear if therea are any problems that people are having right now. (My guesws is the system is overloaded).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Yeah, for some reason me and iclim can't connect, no matter who hosts. everything was working fine yesterday when I was playing naz and brawl4life.

mike_intellivision said:
I have had trouble just getting Nintendo's WFC to pick up at all.
So I am interested to hear if therea are any problems that people are having right now. (My guesws is the system is overloaded).

Mike from Morgantown

I kept losing my connection when I was trying to join games with randoms.  But once I started playing with people on my friend's list, the system worked fine and I wasn't being booted off WFC at all.

The servers are overloaded due to the massive success of the game. It'll work fine in a few days.

Brawl FC: 0473 - 7465 - 0612

Around the Network

I'm trying to work online too. Nintendo's online service sucks.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Wow everyone's having trouble.
Me and makingmusic were trying to play a game, no luck.
Not even one match....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

First turn off all your fire wall and antivirus program . Thats what kept giving me the error codes when i try to play. Now it works find been playing vs anyone and friends nothing wrong. Just choose brawl and create a room pretty simple. When your friends want to join a mssg will pop up saying do you allow the person to join. Just got finish kicking music ass hehehe don't know why it won't work for u :/

Must you rub it in. ;_;

Yeah, I did much better against you yesterday. ^^

@iclim: In the past few hours I've played matches with naznatips, riot of the blood, and brawl4life.  It has to be something on your end.  I'd suggest checking the firewalls, like others have said. 

brawl4life said:
First turn off all your fire wall and antivirus program . Thats what kept giving me the error codes when i try to play. Now it works find been playing vs anyone and friends nothing wrong. Just choose brawl and create a room pretty simple. When your friends want to join a mssg will pop up saying do you allow the person to join. Just got finish kicking music ass hehehe don't know why it won't work for u :/
Well I had UPnP on and firewall off on my router when I tried to play.

Anyway how do I host?
Do they have to join in the character selection screen?
Is there a way to save the rules, controller settings and stop the countdown timer?