By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So... Hyperdimension Neptunia?

Do you enjoy the Neptunia series?

Yes 14 48.28%

No 5 17.24%

Never played 10 34.48%

Total:29
Captain_Yuri said:
If you have a decent PC and if you wait for a steam sale, you can probably pick it up for like $5

Has never appeared for less than $15 on any sale. >_>

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Captain_Yuri said:
If you have a decent PC and if you wait for a steam sale, you can probably pick it up for like $5

There is always a first time for everything

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I've played a few JRPGs, and Neptunia is by far the worst I've played. Dialogue seems to have been written by a 12-year old, but maybe that's OK because it seems that 12yo are their target audience, and large animated breasts the game's biggest (and only) selling point.
For anything else, there are at least a dozen better JRPGs.

Captain_Yuri said:
outlawauron said:
Captain_Yuri said:

It was just on sale a week ago. That'll take very long.

PxlStorm said:
Captain_Yuri said:

It was just on sale a week ago. That'll take very long.

That's probably true but it is dependent on the OP's willingness to wait. It will go on sale during the Steam Summer Sale (in June) no doubt and there might be other sales before that for PC outside of steam sales so he might still get a discount if he looks for one

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I really wanted to get into the series. I tried out the first and was very quickly bored and confused. But if you're saying Rebirth is much better I'm going to try it out.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The games are not for everyone because the anime-ish characters, aesthetics and upbeat cheesy story might hurt the average players ego and his supposedly impeccable taste.

They did however turn me off by their sheer number. I just don't know which one to get! I also think they're slightly overpriced based on how old they are now, and what I have seen from the games so far. I'm waiting for a price drop before I consider any entry of the franchise.

Looks like everyone here recommends the Re:birth releases. I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

.- -... -.-. -..

Just played first one, was betwen meh and bad, never finished, may give a shoot to rebirth on vita since i read this post.