By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars Celebration: Battlefront Does Not Have a Campaign

Lol, seriously? What a way to destroy something with such potential EA... amazing.

And the presentation has beeen terrible, all that just for a 2 minutes cinematic trailer.

Around the Network

Doesn't bother me because although I played the campaigns on BF 1+2 they never really stood out as amazing and were more forgetable and still had the same feeling as the multiplayer portion ebcause that's what they were, same thing with Titanfall how their campaign is just a multiplayer game with some voice overs.

DICE have also been decent with multiplayer than singleplayer imo, I don't see any downside to this being multiplayer and there are plenty of star wars single player games like TFU if you really want to play singleplayer, if anything we need more Star Wars multiplayer games.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

WhiteEaglePL said:
Was a big potential buy from me......

....now it's miles off the list.

why? the devs have shown that they cant make a good campaign. do you realy want to punish yourself with a bad campaign or just play galaxy conquest?(a truly interactive singleplayer )

nuckles87 said:
I had to do some research to see if the original Battlefront games even had a campaign.....

They were just a bunch of missions tied together, with some clips from the movies as cutscenes. The original games didn't really have campaigns.

As long as there is some kind of single player mode (which there is) I'm happy. Better than what Titanfall and Destiny offered (which was nothing).

I do hope there is a Galactic Conquest mode, though. That's the only aspect of single player from the original games that was even remotely memorable. Generally, I just enjoyed engaging in Instant Action skirmishes against the CPU myself.

Yeah, it even says online is not required in the article. So a lot of reactions seem overblown. It sounds about the same.

Star Wars Han Solo Dancing confirmed

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
Was a big potential buy from me......

....now it's miles off the list.

why? the devs have shown that they cant make a good campaign. do you realy want to punish yourself with a bad campaign or just play galaxy conquest?(a truly interactive singleplayer )

I want a campaign with a story. 

What they have done instead should have been an extra mode. 

I most likely would not play it online anyway, because I am NEVER paying for online AND a flood of games I would certainly either not finish or ever want to play, which means money wasted.

Ohh, well i ain't buying this pos then.  A likely always online disater that will be barely playable for the first month.   And expect a shit ton of DLC to make it at all good.  

KingdomHeartsFan said:
gergroy said:

Battlefield 4 and the cod switch to three years also happened during a console transition when changes obviously needed to be made to the game engine.  It can obviously be done much quicker once the game engine is up and running.  

Still waiting on my first question to be answered.  If it shouldn't even take 2 years like you claim you should know of some devs that are doing this.

Well, off the top of my head you have dice who has done it with battlefield and guerrilla games with killzone.  Bungie did it with halo after 3 came out and I am pretty sure they plan on going every two years with destiny as well.

As long as Galactic Conquest is in the game I'll be fine. Also, really glad to see split screen being in the game.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Why play the campaign if you can just watch the 6 movies? They're longer anyway.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.