By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Final Fantasy 9

Tagged games:

outlawauron said:
Wright said:

How can a game with such horrible graphics be your favourite game of all time?

But FF9 is a such a lovely looking game.

I agree. PS1 games don't get as much love as 8bit or 16bit games but they still have they're own distinct style. I love the MGS1 character model,even if they looked like potatoes bobbing their heads when they talk, but they certainly have their own place in gaming history.

.- -... -.-. -..

Around the Network

IX isn't the last classic FF on PS1 though.

Tactics, yo.

BraLoD said:
Ruler said:
So whats next bradlod? Alundra? :P

My name is not brad xS

And I still have to beat the game

Sorry misspelled

BraLoD said:
Ruler said:

Sorry misspelled

Don't worry xD

After FF9 I'll most likely do MGS 1 to 3, probably won't make threads about it though.

Did you play the MGS series before? If this is your first time then you should probably make the thread(s) after you're done because of spoilers.

P.S All MGS game are grounded in realism, but don't take them that seriously. It's a game about Japanese mecha robots after all, it even says so in the title. :P Just remember that context is more important than canon. 

.- -... -.-. -..

BraLoD said:
PieToast said:

Did you play the MGS series before? If this is your first time then you should probably make the thread(s) after you're done because of spoilers.

P.S All MGS game are grounded in realism, but don't take them that seriously. It's a game about Japanese mecha robots after all, it even says so in the title. :P Just remember that context is more important than canon. 

I've played 4 only, loved it.

Well, it's my first time with FF9 as it was with 7 and 8 as well and I didn't get spoiled, people are being nice

MGS is way shorter though, I dunno if I would do a good job sharing my thoughts about it.

I beated 4 in 3 days, so if 1 to 3 follow it I will most likely beat all 3 of them faster than one of those FFs xD

Dunno if,would have much to talk about them. Might try it if I feel like it though

The MGS series has a lot of self referential "easter eggs". The story and characters also allude to many different games and movies, which require a certain level of sophistication from the player to understand. Otherwise these things won't be noticed on the first playthrough. Would be great if you made a thread so we can discuss these things, but they are indeed short and it's your call.

I played FF9 for a few hours. I'm liking it so far and it's hard to describe what's it's so good about it because the mechanics are really simple yet rewarding. I also remembered why I stopped playing it. Each battle needs at least 20 seconds to start and I couldn't get used to that. I bought it around the time Bravely Default came out and I thought I was better off playing a new turn-based RPG. I didn't get it though, so I wound up playing neither :p

.- -... -.-. -..

Around the Network

BraLoD said:

It does take some seconds to load but it's not frustating, the atb gauge filling slowly is worse. Even so, they don't take anything from the game to me, they are fine.

Sadly as it seems to be a problem to you, you'll probably have a problem with LoD as well, as the same happens, it takes some seconds from the encounter to the battle really start just like in FF9.

Well... yeah. I'm sure these games were well designed for their time, and the developers were very creative in thinking of ways to work around the hardware's limitations, but it's hard for me to adjust for the unnecessary delay time. Don't worry though, I've already set my mind on finishing it.

.- -... -.-. -..

Wright said:
Acevil said:

It is mine as well. Whats wrong with it being a favorite game?

I think you're mistaking IX with VII and VIII!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

I think you're mistaking IX with VII and VIII!

I'm not! LOOK AT THIS!!

What is this pixelated mess?!

Here's the orchestral version of Vamo' alla Flamenco:

I'll put up orchestrations of other tracks after you get past a certain point.

Wright said:

Dude this is a PSX game, the graphics were beyond amazing for its time.