By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 250-300K Wiis sold per week

Based on the last few weeks sales in Japan (29/4 - 90K, 6/5 -  101K,) and the US (29/4 - 100K 6/5 - 104K  13/5 - 107K) and increased availabilty here in the UK it looks to me that N is now shifting 250 - 300K Wiis per week worldwide and that there has definitely been a sustained increase in supply.

Comparable PS3 figures: Japan (29/4 - 13K, 6/5 - 15K) US (29/4 - 26K 6/5 - 30K 13/5 - 26K)

So that equates to an average of circa 45K PS3's sold in Japan and the US combined in the past few weeks. Let's be generous and assume that the PS3 is selling 25K per week in Europe - which gives it a WW weekly sales figure of circa 70K versus circa 275K for the Wii.

It's simply astounding to me that the Wii should be outselling the PS3 by this margin and perhaps even more astounding that the light at the end of the tunnel is a long way off for Sony.

Never thought I'd see the day etc.

Around the Network

Does anyone have a ballpark estimate of what Wii, PS3 and 360 sell in others (Europe, Australia, Mideast, Africa, etc.) on a weekly basis? I was thinking...40-70k Wii, 15-35k PS3, 20-40k 360. Is that reasonable? I'm not really sure about bench mark weekly sales in Europe.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Is Canada included in the America numbers? I know it says "America", but you never know. If not, you can probably add another good chunk of 7-10k a week for Canada.

Most likely though, the 100k+ Wii sales in Japan are going to stop next week due to Golden Week. DS did the same thing last year. I'd expect around 70-80k next week, and average around that number. It should put the Wii at the lower number (250k) per week.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Are you sure mrstickball? I think the 100k+ sales are more likely to be due to the increase in production therefore will continue to sell at this rate for the foreseeable future.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Around the Network

@ mr stickball and Vengi Depends on supply, Wii is still sold out in Japan. So next weeks sales will be depending on supply. But I would guess 70-80 also

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

They probably stockpiled some extra for Golden Week.

the only thing that will drop Wii sales currently in Japan is a decrease in shipments (which is, of course, entirely possible) Australia sales are pretty negligable, we've sold around 36,000 Wii's this year, so that's around 1.5k/week

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I agree they stockpiled some of the systems so maybe it wont be as high as 100K, but before the production increase they were making apx. 70K a week.

I think the production is an extra 200K + a month World wide which would give japan roughly 15K - 20K extra per week.

Based on that I would say that it will remain around 85 - 90K per week from now on.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"