By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U, 3DS, Bloodborne up

ezmanga said:
teigaga said:

360 was a huge success so its not exactly laughable spin.

They're not no. 1
They're probably down slightly compared to last march

So I don't think theres much else to say. I think this will be the last month of being down YOY.  Possibly may too or whenever the Kinect unbundling happened. Oh and September too.

It's 100% spin. They conventiently forget to mention the 360 was heavily supply constrained early in its life.

because they had to replace shittons of x360...

Around the Network
celador said:
DOwn 21% in units or revenue?

Revenue.

Xbone $500 to $350.

super6646 said:
Aura7541 said:

It's a mainstream game that has been popular for over 2 decades. Mortal Kombat X will indeed move systems and since it will sell more on the PS4, it will move more PS4's than XBO's.

But this isn't the 90s with the Genesis! It's not going to sell 100k extra systems in NA in 1 month. Alot of people where waiting for Bloodborne, and that came pout. Why would I buy a PS4 JUST because of Mortal Kombat. I know its still popular, but you gotta keep it real! So tell me, how will it move systems? Do you know anyone waiting for THIS game just to get a PS4?

I do.

teigaga said:
ezmanga said:
How much longer can MS continue with the "Xbone is outpacing 360 in its current life cycle" BS?

They're not no. 1

So I don't think theres much else to say. I think this will be the last month of being down YOY.  Possibly may too or whenever the Kinect unbundling happened. Oh and September too.

360 wasn't a huge success in 2007. It was doing well, especially compared to Xb OG, but it wasn't a huge success until after mid-2008, an especially when Kinect hit the market.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

super6646 said:
Aura7541 said:

It's a mainstream game that has been popular for over 2 decades. Mortal Kombat X will indeed move systems and since it will sell more on the PS4, it will move more PS4's than XBO's.

But this isn't the 90s with the Genesis! It's not going to sell 100k extra systems in NA in 1 month. Alot of people where waiting for Bloodborne, and that came pout. Why would I buy a PS4 JUST because of Mortal Kombat. I know its still popular, but you gotta keep it real! So tell me, how will it move systems? Do you know anyone waiting for THIS game just to get a PS4?

You really don't get it, do you?

The Mortal Kombat series is a very popular fighting series. MKIX sold 1 million according to April 2011 NPD and the PS3 version outsold the 360 version despite the immense userbase disparity.

There are still a lot of Americans who have not jumped into the current gen and there are bunch of fighter fans amongst those consumers. Mortal Kombat X is the first mainstream fighter to come out this gen. Tekken 7, Street Fighter V, and the eventual Soul Calibur VI have quite a ways to go before they are out.

There's also the "My friend has this. I want one, too" mentality. Because Sony has marketing rights to MKX and the fact that the PS4 has a larger userbase, the game is guaranteed to sell more on the PS4. Friends of PS4 version owners who don't have a PS4 will have a compelling reason to get one of their own: to be able to play with their friends. Consequently, the PS4 will have better word-of-mouth.

Around the Network

Tagging

ethomaz said:
celador said:
DOwn 21% in units or revenue?

Revenue.

Xbone $500 to $350.

ahhh yeah.... kinda figures revenue is down when you cut prices from 500$ ----> 330 -350$.

ezmanga said:
teigaga said:

They're not no. 1

It's 100% spin. They conventiently forget to mention the 360 was heavily supply constrained early in its life.

The only reality remains that they're outpacing the 360, so anything else is a guess (or negative spin :P)

Aura7541 said:
super6646 said:

You really don't get it, do you?

The Mortal Kombat series is a very popular fighting series. MKIX sold 1 million according to April 2011 NPD and the PS3 version outsold the 360 version despite the immense userbase disparity.

There are still a lot of Americans who have not jumped into the current gen and there are bunch of fighter fans amongst those consumers. Mortal Kombat X is the first mainstream fighter to come out this gen. Tekken 7, Street Fighter V, and the eventual Soul Calibur VI have quite a ways to go before they are out.

There's also the "My friend has this. I want one, too" mentality. Because Sony has marketing rights to MKX and the fact that the PS4 has a larger userbase, the game is guaranteed to sell more on the PS4. Friends of PS4 version owners who don't have a PS4 will have a compelling reason to get one of their own: to be able to play with their friends. Consequently, the PS4 will have better word-of-mouth.

Eh...Don't bother.

Somone know if PS4 is up or down YOY?