By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U, 3DS, Bloodborne up

kumagawa said:
ethomaz said:

So no better sales than last year means....

< 311k

That fits with my prediction... Xbone will be down yoy.

In March, cumulative U.S. Xbox One sales continues to outpace Xbox 360 at the same point in its lifecycle

This part makes it sound as if it's down compared to the 360 as they use cumulative (which I take to mean since launch) and the Xbone did sell far better in it's first year.

Yep sounds like xbox 1 maybe had a slow month. These PR guys and how they word things....

Around the Network
poklane said:
ezmanga said:
How much longer can MS continue with the "Xbone is outpacing 360 in its current life cycle" BS?

Until that statement would simply be a lie.

How long did it take until the 360 wasn't supply constrained? That is the only thing allowing the Xbone to "outpace" the 360.

Boutros said:

“The launch of Bloodborne ranked as second overall in software sales this month, but also has the second highest sales for the debut month of a first-party game on the PS4, after inFamous: Second Son, in March 2014.”

The Last of Us Remastered- 272k

Bloodborne > 272k

From GAF.

Awesome. Those are some great numbers.

Ryng_Tolu said:
NewGuy said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
fluky-nintendy said:

Proof???

Mario Party 10: #4 (only Wii U)

Final Fantasy Type 0: #10 (All version)

I think he's asking for your proof of "a lot"

LOL, if MP10 is at #4 and FF #10 seem logic think that MP10 have sold much better...

That's not how it works, #4 could be 250K and #10 could be 220K. 

You're probably right, but basing your proof on their positions on a list is flawed logic.

ezmanga said:
How much longer can MS continue with the "Xbone is outpacing 360 in its current life cycle" BS?

360 was a huge success so its not exactly laughable spin.

They're not no. 1
They're probably down slightly compared to last march

So I don't think theres much else to say. I think this will be the last month of being down YOY.  Possibly may too or whenever the Kinect unbundling happened. Oh and September too.

Around the Network
ezmanga said:

Until its no longer doing so.

binary solo said:
super6646 said:

Really? Did you just listen to my comment? No of course you didn't. I said systems! This thing could outsell the XB1 version 4:1 for all I care, but its not going to have a significant effect on sales.

Everything that has a decent pedigree has an effect on sales this early in the cycle. What will reduce the effect somewhat is that it's a cross gen title. But still, it will give PS4 a boost to a greater extent than it will boost Xb one. But certainly there won't be the same effect as an actual exclusive. April is probably too early for the Batman special edition PS4 to have an effect on PS4 sales. But I still think the popularity of that sku will make May very tight.

Waiting for more leaks now.

Finally! Someone gets it! And no I wouldn't put bets on April, the PS4 could still win!

Apparently hardware sales, inunits, is down 9%. I'm assuming when compared to last year

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1030552&page=4 -> near the bottom

272k < Bloodborne < 461k

teigaga said:
ezmanga said:

360 was a huge success so its not exactly laughable spin.

They're not no. 1
They're probably down slightly compared to last march

So I don't think theres much else to say. I think this will be the last month of being down YOY.  Possibly may too or whenever the Kinect unbundling happened. Oh and September too.

It's 100% spin. They conventiently forget to mention the 360 was heavily supply constrained early in its life.