By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - looking for Nintendo 3ds friends

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@einsam_delphin, i have super smash bros,mario kart 7, super mario 3d land, monster hunter 3 ultimate all ordered and on there way to me from amazon.com

Alrighty, then I'll get back to you once I replace my broken 3DS trololol! 

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Pick up MK7

That game's Online makes me depressed. Not only couldn't we get 4 friends into the same lobby for some reason (the last person to try to enter could never get in, no matter who that was), but there's no option to add CPU opponents to online matches with friends. And Mario Kart functions very differently without a certain number of players in the rear positions to pick up the constant red and blue shells, stars, lightning bolts, etc, to constantly switch up the positioning.
If you play two-three players alone, a very possible scenario is that the person that takes the lead never gets passed even once, because the people in position 2 and 3 won't get enough items to take out the banana/green shell shield the leader has while also attacking each other at the same time. And this actually happened every time we played, as we took turns to win without any competition or interaction with each other. It was quite boring.

Then play in worldwides?

Hiku said:

I don't recall exactly what it was now, but there was some reason for why we didn't. Perhaps it was the "getting everyone into the same lobby" issue there as well, or maybe we just wanted to play with people we knew.

I've had some problems playing in communitys, but never with worldwides. You're complaining about not enough players, so that should override playing with people you know.

Hiku said:

I was complainign about both not being able to play with all my friends, and about not having enough players on the track.
As for the latter, there are several reasons for why you some times may only want to play against people you know. If you're in a worldwide lobby, you become dependant on these other people not leaving (or disconnecting), and sticking around for as long as you guys want to play. Which creates more waiting periods in between matches if you try to find new players to replace them. Not to mention the initial waiting period when you join, which can be either short or long. Then there's the chance that the worldwide game starts before all of you get in, and you have to exit back out and try to find another worldwide lobbty. (I kinda recall that being what happened, but I'm not sure. It was in June 2013. Maybe my friends can remind me if I ask them.)

Another reason you may only want your friends to be your actual opponents is that you want to know who beat you. Someone who can trashtalk you over a conference call while you're playing, or vice versa. It's not the same as when a random actual person who you don't know wins. The CPU is not seen as an actual person that can outsmart you. They're just there as filler, and if they win, it's more comical than anything else.

I don't know what the issue was with all of us not being able to enter the same created private lobby. But I was happy to hear that you can add CPU opponents to online friends games in MK8. Just wish they let you do that in MK7.
Since I bought the game, I've played it maybe 3 times. It's the only game I ever wanted to return in 20+ years of gaming, along with Call of Duty: Black Ops. (Which I was talked into buying.)
The single player mode in MK7 was great though. I just bought it expecting to play with my friends during lunch breaks.
I ended up keeping the game though for some unknown reason. The Rainbow Ride music was too good.

Why do you say lobby, it's either worldwide or community, the latter of which sounding like what you were using. What you should have done is designating one friend to join a worldwide group, then everyone else follow that friend via the friends/opponent's list. This is always how I played with friends and it worked perfectly well.

Hiku said:

I already bought MK8, just no WiiU yet...

Whut!? Was it on sale or something? Wynaut just buy a Wii U now?

Around the Network
Hiku said:

I got it for $40, but that's actually normal on the site I buy from. That wasn't why I got it. Remember that deal where you got a free game if you bought Mario Kart 8 and registered it before September? That's why I bought it. Because at the time I thought that I would get a WiiU by September, but I waited a bit just in case there would be a nice bundle, or if I would find a better price (if not official price cut, then just some local deal). But as time passed I instead became hesitant to get the console, to my surprise. Long story short, the cost of the console vs the amount of games I'm interested in getting for it don't quite match at this point.

Ah I feel ya, I didn't buy mine until I could get it for $250, also because MK8 was closing in and I was massively hyped for that game.

i updated my sig. now my nnd is in my profile

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1