By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Level 5 want to Bring Layton 7 to Wii U...

uran10 said:
darkknightkryta said:
uran10 said:
darkknightkryta said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

There's nothing wrong with it, but it is weird they'd skip the 3DS for the Wii U.

Or putting it on the Wii U instead of the PS4 for that matter.

All Layton games have been on nintendo platforms. So why would it all of a sudden switch?

Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy where never on Playstation platforms before (Yes I know, they weren't available until launch).  Skipping the 3DS and putting it on the Wii U is a bit foolish, considering the current sales of the Wii U.  If you're going to put it on a console put it on the most popular one (PS4).

The Publisher outside of Japan is also Nintendo, you might as well consider it a nintendo IP when you look at it from that point of view. Its fans are clerly on nintendo platforms since that's the platform it has always been on but I rather not get into the nitty gritty of it especially when I have a headache.

There's fine lines here ;).  But if Level 5 has 100% ownership of the IP, a release on the Wii U at this point in time, or rather when the game is ready for release, is a bit fool hardy.  PS4 now (if 100% ownership), NX if not.