By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The possibilities of the use of technology are not about the technology itself, the hardware, but what people can do with the technology.

While I personally believe AR has more benefits for gaming than VR does, both will offer gaming experiences. Kinect is a perfect example of this. While some may argue there was no point in Kinect, the reality is that it has some very important significance. It is a technology, which when married with other technologies, allows people to do more than they previously were able to. In the case of Microsoft's HoloLens AR glasses, the ability to capture the room, both as an image and as a 3D environment, and then use it and discern how you interact with that projected environment.

I think there are more possibilities with VR in military and space technology, because it allows remote pilots to exist in those environments without physically being there, but that technology has already been in use by the military for ages. It's just now affordable technology.

I think AR will overtake mobile gaming. That is, I think AR glasses will replace mobile devices and people will do their mobile gaming on them, combining mobile gaming as well as console gaming together in one device.