By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - my pc was upgraded,to an actual gaming one

My first reaction. Dont ask me the specs, i have no clue, my brother did it for me lol xD. I know it isnt ultra hardcore but it's way better  than before and it's my first gaming pc. going from playing heroes of the storm on lowest settings to  highest blew my mind! Is there any pc exclusives anyone can recommend me that i might not have been able to run before? Also does anyone have any memories of their first gaming pc?

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

I do fondly remember my first one. The graphics seemed awesome back then, lol.

What genre do you like? I guess shooters, so go for the original Crysis. It's a nice experience to play it at the highest settings and with good mods.

farlaff said:
What genre do you like? I guess shooters, so go for the original Crysis. It's a nice experience to play it at the highest settings and with good mods.

anything besides racing and puzzle

My first one was back in 95, if we're defining PC as x86 - Amiga and C64 before that, I was refusing for a long time to buy PC, but playing Comanche on friend's 486 convinced me I'm at loss.

One of my vivid memories - AWE32 sound card was running late when I first bought PC, so at first I played Doom without sound...once it arrived, I called my friends, and they couldn't believe what they were hearing - they were used to FM sound of SB16 (FM, apart for very specific uses, sounds terrible), and AWE32s GM 8MB MIDI sound was revelation.

It was simpler time, 3D cards were just starting to show up (S3 Virge and whatnot), you mostly had to upgrade CPU for more demanding games, and get yourself a decent MIDI capable card for...well let's say, passable sound.

Still, mid to late 90s are one of the best periods in PC gaming, if not the best.

Around the Network

I saw this same exact topic on gamefaqs pc board. Anyways try crysis 3

method114 said:

haha coincidence :o. the idea isnt that original i would imagine. I already played that on console , i might get it just for the graphics though xD

kinisking said:
method114 said:

haha coincidence :o. the idea isnt that original i would imagine. I already played that on console , i might get it just for the graphics though xD

Don't try Crysis 3. You might think your PC is weak.

Then again, it could be extremely weak anyway since we don't know the specs. It's not like Heroes of the Storm is very demanding.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

kinisking said:
My first reaction. Dont ask me the specs, i have no clue, my brother did it for me lol xD.

If you want to know what's inside... it's not hard to find out.

Just search for "Performance Information" in the Windows search (windows button bottom left):

Here is my PC:

I got mine around late 2008sh. It was my first gaming PC and my god, it was soo awesome back in the day! I still got my Nvidia 9800GTX+ in my closet in case I need it! Those were the good old days cause I actually played games instead of collecting them on Steam

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850