By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people like graphics so much?

This is a very silly question.

Better graphics make games better. 

Around the Network
jake_the_fake1 said:
that's like asking why guy's like attractive girls.
honestly though it's just human nature to like good looking things.

it's society that teaches people what the definition of 'good looking things' is...

for instance, marilyn monroe wore a size 12 dress, whereas today's 'hot babes' have to wear a size 4 or less, lest they be considered 'fat' or 'overweight'

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

lol because, well at least for me, if a game has bad graphics it turns me off and i cannot bear playing it.

example. timeshift for ps3 looks like shit.

i just tried spyro riptos rage on my ps3, and while the graphics were sexy back 12 years ago, the story changes now. i couldnt bear playing it.

one of the reasons why i didnt get a wii. i cant stand bad graphics!

Eyes are some of our most important sensory organs.

Is the same movie with great special effects viewed on a iMax screen more enjoyable or is the same movie with bad special effects more fun on a black and white telly?

Graphics matter a lot. But there's more than just graphics. A good movie may be more fun to watch on a B&W telly than a really boring one in an iMax cinema.

I think people here often look at things too much black & white. Graphics are important, gameplay, story telling, acting performances, audio, convincing or pleasing virtual worlds, etc, etc are all important.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales