By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Dont be shocked if PS4 crosses 50 million mark by September 2016

Your reaction?

Shark, are you high? 87 18.55%

Calm down bro. 93 19.83%

Its possible. 224 47.76%

Are you from future? 25 5.33%

Its Obamas fault. 40 8.53%

Total:469

The PS4 will reach 50 million by September 2016. It will do it easily. Never in doubt. I told you so.
PS4 with its exclusive games and Xmas sales boost and boosts from big multi-platform titles like Fifa, Madden, NFL, NHL, Battlefield, Call of Duty, etc will do it easy.

2016 will be PS4 third year and possibly a 25+ million sales year. 2015 I expect PS4 to sell 20 million for the year to back up its 18 million sold from launch to end of 2014.

Around the Network

Well I think you might be right, if Sony really pushes more exclusives and stuff. Especially late this year, who knows. I already got my PS4 but don't have a lot of games for it. Hopefully Uncharted lands soon, and is better than the third.

Yep.

I very Much doubt it. I personally think Son'y market share will drop slightly, Many are selling their PS4 ,look at Ebay,yes i know the other consoles are being sold used as well, but what this means is there will be a certain amount of people who will choose to obtain their next gen fix by going the used route.These consoles don't add to sales figures as they have already been counted,

There the ones that can not wait for the exclusive games the impatient that swap and change , Of course a £50 price drop would be a good way to reach the figure mentioned but even with that i suspect it would be hard pushed to get to 43 million by then. And t be honest i can not see Sony dropping the price as they have sold more then twenty million at the price it is.

Also by year end the other two consoles will have bigger library's to, especially Wii U who will have a unprecedented amount of exclusive content on the system making it more of a option to buyers at it's lower price point, And we really should not underestimate the power of amiibo as it seems like it's set to spiral.

I think this year will be a real turning point in gaming and things are gonna get shaken up a bit.

BRKITG

ever heard the cliché "quit while you are ahead".

You nailed the end of 2014 prediction thread. Don't ruin it ; )

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Nate4Drake said:
I'm not gonna be surprised if PS4 passes 50M by the end of Sept 2016; in fact, a SLIM model will most probably be released by 1st of Sept 2016, and PS4 will Pass the 50M mark, my forecast.

Yeah, I'd expect a Slim version around then, my prediction is PS4 at ~45M around september 2016 and 52-53M by the end of 2016.

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
ever heard the cliché "quit while you are ahead".

You nailed the end of 2014 prediction thread. Don't ruin it ; )

Yeah. I do agree. This will be the last.

yep

I would be surprised if PS4 wasn't at 50+ million September next year.

Don't copy random editorials.

My guess is 7 million more sales to get us to September 2015. That leaves 22.5 million to sell in a year from sept to sept with a price cut at the right time that's just achievable I think. But it's definitely a stretch. I think 17 million for that September year is more likely. With the peak holiday period being end of 2016.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

BruB said:

I think this year will be a real turning point in gaming and things are gonna get shaken up a bit.

What you think and the realities of this world has little in common.