By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quantum Break Set to Launch in 2016

Goatseye said:

It would fit in with all the cinematic games published nowadays. Also it is a tv series not a movie.

In game actions are supposed to affect the live show. I'm all for that instead of lame cutscenecutting through my playtime.

Every person I talk to seems to have a different understanding of the live-action portion. I also thought for a while that it is a TV series, but was told that the show will actually be shipped with the game, fully completed, and will act as a "prolonged cutscene" explaining the villain side of the story. Maybe they plan to make branching scenes to follow gameplay decisions, but all of those usually end up as a binary choice. 

Again, I truly believe in Remedy and their ability to make a very good game (but they do take their sweet time), but it's just my feeling that the live action was shoehorned in by MS at the time when they planned to have an Entertainment division. Niw it just seems like an unnecessary and expensive gimmick that will probably not add any quality to the game.

Just my opinion, we shall see next year.

Around the Network

Not at all surprising. It gives them more time to polish the game and it would have been buried under the other games releasing in the holidays.

not surprised

cant see next gen arriving in 2018-19 like most preach on here cause we really didnt get much next gen SW so far, i just dont see this gen being about last gen remasters and a handful of next gen only games theres a long way to go here guys

Play Me

Burek said:
Goatseye said:

It would fit in with all the cinematic games published nowadays. Also it is a tv series not a movie.

In game actions are supposed to affect the live show. I'm all for that instead of lame cutscenecutting through my playtime.

Every person I talk to seems to have a different understanding of the live-action portion. I also thought for a while that it is a TV series, but was told that the show will actually be shipped with the game, fully completed, and will act as a "prolonged cutscene" explaining the villain side of the story. Maybe they plan to make branching scenes to follow gameplay decisions, but all of those usually end up as a binary choice. 

Again, I truly believe in Remedy and their ability to make a very good game (but they do take their sweet time), but it's just my feeling that the live action was shoehorned in by MS at the time when they planned to have an Entertainment division. Niw it just seems like an unnecessary and expensive gimmick that will probably not add any quality to the game.

Just my opinion, we shall see next year.

If you knew Remedy you would know how much they love live action series.

Alan Wake had a web live action tie-in before it's release. And within the game on TV screens.

I will be honest here: I had hope it will be release this year. At first I was a little letdown by this news but not alot because then it would have to be release at the same time as Halo 5, MGS5,Rise of the Tomb Raider,COD,Assassin's Creed, and possibly other games that might be announced at the upcoming E3. Also like Jay mention Microsoft should spread games besides the holidays which now I think will happen next year.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
WOW.

This was like the first game they announced on the Xbone 3 years ago. When will they stop showing games too early.

This game was announced 2 years ago in May 21, 2013.

Proud to be a Californian.

No suprise there we allready knew it was comng, seems uncharted 4 delay gave MS releave to delay it