By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SMT X Fire Emblem producer talks about the game

"In this PV, many people may find it hard to understand where the essence of “Fire Emblem” comes into play. However, this will be explained more in the future, so please wait for a follow-up to this."

There you have it.

Around the Network

The music of this game is enjoyable 

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
Hiku said:
Yeah a lot of people were freaking out about this, but I thought it was onvious that they were witholding the FE content for later. Should be exciting when we see more familiar faces.

This article makes me wonder how much of a step away from Persona they'll take. Because this doesn't look like SMT,  initially I thought it must be Persona then. It shares a resemblance with P5/Catherine after all, but it looks like the similarities might not go much further than that. It might end up being more of its own thing, and a new spinoff of the SMT franchise.

Man, imagine if this game does well and Nintendo+Atlus team up each gen to do a game like this for their home consoles. That would be a huge thing, especially in Japan.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Hiku said:
Clyde32 said:
"In this PV, many people may find it hard to understand where the essence of “Fire Emblem” comes into play. However, this will be explained more in the future, so please wait for a follow-up to this."

There you have it.

Yeah, a lot of people were freaking out about this, but I thought it was rather obvious that they were witholding the FE content for later. Should be exciting when we see more familiar faces.

This article makes me wonder how much of a step away from Persona they'll take. Because this doesn't look like SMT,initially I though it must be Persona then. It shares a resemblance with P5/Catherine after all, but it looks like the similarities might not go much further than that. It might end up being more of its own thing, and a new spinoff of the SMT franchise.

Exactly. This is the trailer the needed right now in Japan. They need to show japanese gamers that there are JRPGs in the future beyond Xenoblade X and Dragon Quest. 

Clyde32 said:

There you have it.

I think people should be happy, even if like the developer says "its in development", or even just like a title. 

We still got E3 for nintendo to drop some bombs again. 

But, i like what i see, and i hope it gets better from now on. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

This is gonna be one epic game when it cums out! God these months are gonna be hard a hard wait! The Japanese Direct did say winter 2015 so if you are in Japan... You are soo lucky T_T

I just hope for a simultaneous release WW this winter 2015 (which if we follow SSB's "Winter 2014", it is going to be November/December)

What a nice plot...

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
Captain_Yuri said:

This is gonna be one epic game when it cums out! God these months are gonna be hard a hard wait! The Japanese Direct did say winter 2015 so if you are in Japan... You are soo lucky T_T

I just hope for a simultaneous release WW this winter 2015 (which if we follow SSB's "Winter 2014", it is going to be November/December)

[img]

What a nice plot...

Oh yeah, this game has a loooot of plot.

Hiku said:
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping will happen. And hopefully people give it a chance. It may seem like a small step but I think it could be a pretty important one for Nintendo. And perhaps some developers will want to do similar projects when they see Nintendo loosening the reigns on their IP's and letting Atlus do pretty much what they want.

Exactly. This isn't something that will occur over night, but something has to spark the movement. Nintendo is doing some great things in-house to cater to Japanese gamers (Xeno X) but for them to see a company like Atlus developing a game of this scope for the Wii U...that's a bigger deal, really. It shows that other developers can take a chance on the system and (hopefully) be successful. 

All I know is that this game has at least one customer waiting in the west.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

onionberry said:

I would like to see you pleased one day... maybe with the launch trailer of zelda wii u?:D

You should have been here when MK8 finally released.