By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IS the Europe price cut bigger than first thought? Starts today?

@WhiteDevil : in Europe, MS already lost

Look at sales data : NOBODY BUYS 360 ANYMORE in Europe except UK

France : PS3 11.500 Xbox : 2.700

Germany : PS3 4.400 Xbox : 2.600

Spain : PS3 15.000 Xbox : 1.600

Italy : PS3 4.200 Xbox : 1.200

etc etc

It's from 1 PS3 for 1 Xbox360 to 15 to 1...

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Around the Network
XiaoMay said:
@WhiteDevil : in Europe, MS already lost

Look at sales data : NOBODY BUYS 360 ANYMORE in Europe except UK

France : PS3 11.500 Xbox : 2.700

Germany : PS3 4.400 Xbox : 2.600

Spain : PS3 15.000 Xbox : 1.600

Italy : PS3 4.200 Xbox : 1.200

etc etc

It's from 1 PS3 for 1 Xbox360 to 15 to 1...

Lol @ you taking the worst case (Spain), then incorrectly rounding down 360's figure before getting to the "15 to 1" ratio.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@xiao

thanks for pointing that out :)

Approx prices today in Sweden (Webhallen):

Arcade €200
Premium €265
Elite €370

This could be interesting to watch...

NJ5,

UK price seems better than the french/german/spain/italy counterpart price

(nobody buy online PS360, so import console from UK will only occur for hardcore gamer)s

Time to Work !

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Lol @ you taking the worst case (Spain), then incorrectly rounding down 360's figure before getting to the "15 to 1" ratio.

It was simply rhetoric, but here are the facts. Around here, I believe Xbox360 is not so much of an option anymore. Everybody wonders if they will get a PS3 and/or a Wii.That’s it. Putting UK aside, which accounts for most Xbox360 sales in Europe lately.  

Why ?

• Playstation is a big name in Europe, Sony's domination was really big here during PS and PS2 time. Games like Gran Turisimo and even PES are synonyms of Playstation.
  • MS is not so popular, bad reputation.
  • RroD doesn't quite help.
  • Everybody wants a Blue Ray player to go with their "Big Screen"
  • MS's offers are quite hard to understand for the public, many skud etc... never knows what's inside exactly.

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

I wonder what kind of impact this will have??? We'll have to wait just over a week to find out. That's when we'll get this weeks "other's" numbers.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

XiaoMay said:
NJ5 said:

It was simply rhetoric, but here are the facts. Around here, I believe Xbox360 is not so much of an option anymore. Everybody wonders if they will get a PS3 and/or a Wii.That’s it. Putting UK aside, which accounts for most Xbox360 sales in Europe lately.

Why ?

• Playstation is a big name in Europe, Sony's domination was really big here during PS and PS2 time. Games like Gran Turisimo and even PES are synonyms of Playstation.
  • MS is not so popular, bad reputation.
  • RroD doesn't quite help.
  • Everybody wants a Blue Ray player to go with their "Big Screen"
  • MS's offers are quite hard to understand for the public, many skud etc... never knows what's inside exactly.

When reality is on your side, you don't need to distort numbers to prove your point.

I believe we should wait for the result of this price cut and GTA4 launch to judge what the future of the 360 in Europe is. I really think this is 360's last chance to win (or come very close to the PS3) in Europe, so we'll find out pretty soon (and after that, there aren't any excuses left, much like the case for the PS3 when MGS4 and FFXIII are released).

After all, the PS3 was also getting outsold in Europe before it got its huge price cuts. The PS brand is really powerful in Europe, but people also care about their wallets so I'll reserve judgment on this one.

PS: I think you're overestimating Blu-Ray, it's not that important, especially in Europe. The rest of your points are well made though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said: I believe we should wait for the result of this price cut and GTA4 launch to judge what the future of the 360 in Europe is. I really think this is 360's last chance to win (or come very close to the PS3) in Europe, so we'll find out pretty soon (and after that, there aren't any excuses left, much like the case for the PS3 when MGS4 and FFXIII are released).

Do you reckon that GTA is considered by most peoples as a Playstation IP in Europe and thus is more than likely to sale A LOT more on PS3 (It will be a HUGE system seller here) than on Xbox360 ?

Look at PES 2008 : it did quite better on PS3, but the PS2 version sold like 3 times this number.

GTA4 being a PS3/360 exclusive, most PS2 players should go for a PS3. I think. (Well, I say that as a Wii owner in fact  

NJ5 said:
tmbh said:

THATS THE OLD PRICES!!

amazon.co.uk has dropped those prices now!!

£149.99 for an Arcade! £50 cheaper than before

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arcade-Console-Wireless-Controller-Standard/dp/B000XPED00/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1205147262&sr=1-4

£189 for a Premium! £60 Cheaper than before

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-Console-wireless-controller/dp/B0007SV72A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1205147262&sr=1-1

£249.99 for Elite! £50 - £30 cheaper than before

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Elite-Console/dp/B000PD0HQE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1205147262&sr=1-2

Wow, wtf? Did Amazon drop prices twice recently, or was the PS3 really more expensive than the Elite all this time in UK?

Just for completeness, let me point out that the prices you quoted are £10 below RRP according to Amazon, although it doesn't make much difference.

The Premium 360 costs about the same as the Wii now, and the Elite is £50 cheaper than the PS3!

Yes Amazon.co.uk have just dropped the price.

RRP of 360 Elite and PS3 before price cut was about £299, not much in it.  But £50 now.

Nothing offical from any other retailers, and no new bundles.  Expect much more infi by Friday 14th.

People stop confusing £ with  €