By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - This is digusting (Caution: Very disturbing)

wow this is ridiculous. I hope Sony does something to stop this.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:
wow, lol.

with all you guys wishing psp hackers i.e Dark_Alex would die and go to hell etc..

should i go to hell because i modded my ps2, bought games for 10 bucks,and never bought a "real" ps2 game in my life?

If you mean to say you pirated a bunch of PS2 games, then yes.  You're part of the reason game prices go up.  Hope ya get caught and sent to prison :)

El Duderino said:

Yes, perhaps PSP users download the most... still I´d say that if more good games like patapon were out and not just cheap PS2 imitations the PSP would have much better software sales...

Right, because Patapon and Loco Roco have both seen stellar sales.  Also, PS2 was not easy to hack until very recently.  Previously, you had to open the PS2 up and solder crap onto the board.  The same applies to the Wii and a similar situation to the 360.  Hacking the PSP is just a matter of downloading and running software.

^^Wrong! I've been using the slide card for 4 years now^^

The battery is called Pandoras battery, but there are now simple, safer options, such as the Datel power tool.

PS-She said:

Pirating seems really strange to me. Aren't people afraid of getting caught?

I thought there were agencies out to detect and stop this sort of thing. Why risk getting into a lot of trouble over something like video games?

lol

There are limited resource and lack of cross border autority. The only people who needs to worry, are the ones who does the actual hacking and uploading, because that's where resources will be spend(which makes sense).

Around the Network

I wouldn't say that the PSP's low software sales are because of Pirating.

First up, DS, 360 and Wii have all been cracked already and they still have strong sales for their games (even with the high levels of pirating going on). Fact that there are alot of casual gamers shouldn't mean the DS doesn't have as many pirates as the PSP do. In fact, the DS should have more considering it's just another catridge (M3, R4DS you name it) while cracking PSP is harder and more costly.

Secondly, PSP is a media beast, alot of people buy these consoles for media capabilities rather than gaming. Most people you see that own a psp will use it for one or two games and the rest of the time as a video or music player.

Third, PSP's library is not that great, let's be honest. Aside from a few choice titles, there isn't much out there and there isn't enough games on the psp to differentiate itself from the PS2. So, would you rather buy a more powerful PS2 that costs less (it does here in Aus, it's like $150-$200 new) or would you buy a less powerful PSP ($250-260 these days) which basically has the same games but a smaller library. Patapon is a step, but a very minor one considering how long the consoles been out and how little it's innovated. That's why the DS is supreme, DS can be played in light sessions (i.e bus trips) because they are so approachable (EBA, NSMB, Mario Kart, Warioware etc), but a lot of PSP games require a fair amount of play time in one session.

Finally, the term "uncrackable" is a myth. Every 3D console can be eventually cracked or changed/hacked to play pirated games. Only thing game companies can do is try their best to prevent that (so stall them, like PS3 with blu ray) or they can catch them (xbl banning for the 360).

leo-j said:
DMeisterJ said:
Ugh...

I was gonna post this, but I was too disgusted.

I cant believe that people would do this.

no wonder PSP Software sales are abysmal. Why download something you can get for free.

I speak as a person that buys everything, CDs, iTunes, and all games. I support artists/devs/studios/etc. It really isn't that hard.

People who download get a huge negative in my book.

Dont you download on the PS3? And download on itunes? Did you just own yourself?

Im pretty sure he meant people who download illegally...*sigh*

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

"This is digusting (Caution: Very disturbing)"

Wow was anyone else disappointed that it wasn't some kind of mutilated goat or uhhh naked santa clause?

I don't know how disgusting/disturbing online piracy is to most people, but disturbing things on the internet are supposed to make you gag/vomit....

The hardware itself is selling really well so if Sony is making money on the hardware then it's not so bad (at least for them). Of course it's likely that the flow of PSP games, at least good quality exclusives with decent budgets, will dry up if the piracy situation doesn't change.

kingofwale said:
Honestly, in China, nobody buys games, that's why they love Sony so much, every sony console has been hacked (PS3 doesn't count, most of them can't afford one anyway).

that's 1.3 billion people we are talking about.

But then again, they don't buy legit movies, software, books, magazines anyway. ;)

How many PSP's are their sold in China 50k?  =p yups blame China lol.