By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I wish Wii Sports...

... was a deeper game. I enjoy the Tennis a lot, but wish there was a lot more too it.

Anyone know if any games are coming out like Wii Sports, but without the shallow gameplay? I mean I love the game mechanics, I just wish I could advance through a season, and play against real players, and didn't use the Mii chars.

Around the Network

same here and also i would like it to have wi fi

Buy games for the specific sports.

For example, if you wanted to play Baseball, get the Bigs or another game.

BIgs has serious lag issues with its swing mechanics. How about 2K8? Does it have Wiisport like control?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I looked on GameSpot to see if they had any Tennis gamed for the Wii... nothing.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
I looked on GameSpot to see if they had any Tennis gamed for the Wii... nothing.

Don't be surprise if they make another Mario Tennis that use Wiimote. that thing will sell like hotcake, 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
TheRealMafoo said:

Sega Superstars Tennis is coming out soon. It seems to be getting favourable reviews.

TheRealMafoo said:

Sega will release a tennis game featureing Sonics and others characters

There is a baseball game released, not sure is that available in your region

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/pawa/wii/index.html

Nintendo is making Mario tennis too

I don't really care about seasons or anything like that, but I would have liked a 1 on 1 option instead of having to play doubles all the time.

The only other gripe would be about 9 more holes in golf... other than that I don't want anything more from a sports game myself (probably why I have never had one before Wii Sports then)

There are at least 3 golf games on Wii and more on the way. 4 baseball games and I think 1 boxing game with more on the way. There are a couple of bowling games, too. None of the golf games are amazing but Tiger Woods 08 is ok and We Love Golf should be real good (though easier than Wii Sports golf). Mario Stadium should be an excellent baseball game if you don't want to buy 1 of the 4 on the market.

Also, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, Winter Sports, and the not yet released Deca Sports are all similar to Wii Sports but with different sports. We Ski which works with the Balance Board is a non-shallow version of skiing on Wii.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org