By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Seriously, Why no Minecraft WiiU?

After MS acquired Minecraft, I really thought there would have been a version for the WiiU. So what gives? 

Most thought that the PS4 version would not be released or that the Vita version would be killed, but both are out there, Heck even the Windows phone version came out extremely fast. I really see no reason why they could/would not release it on the WiiU.

Does anybody think the reason might be on Nintendos end?

Around the Network

Because a Nintendo console with Minecraft could steal a decent amount of consoles from parents that want a system for their children. Same with the 3DS.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

It's Nintendo giving the finger to 3rd Party games.

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Because Nintendo doesn't want it.

Because everyone wants Nintendo to fail for some reasons. I guess too many consoles to support.

Because if someone wants to tell me that Minecraft wouldn´t sell well on WiiU, I will find your house and, and, and.. say Hi, you are wrong.

Around the Network

I just don't get it. This is the exact opposite of an exclusive. It is on everything BUT Nintendo systems. Minecraft sells well worldwide.

Also, if anybody tries to mention poor WiiU sales, then explain why they put it on the Vita, but not on 3DS.

I also don't think it's a publishing rights issue. The Sony versions say by Sony Computer Entertainment , not Microsoft.

Because Nintendo don't want to publish it. Sony also had to do it themselves. I imagine that is quite a costly thing to do and Nintendo wants to keep dem moneyz.

But it's all pure speculation really.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Because of limited Save file sizes. The reason why the games has smaller maps on consoles like PS4 and Xone is also because of this reason. On PC their is no limit and you litterally can have save files that are bigger than 5 GB... And that is one map.

Save file sizes seems legit, but that doesn't explain mobile versions, and the 360/PS3 versions, yes they are smaller maps but the game still exist on older hardware.

For the record, I do not play Minecraft, have never played or downloaded it. No interest in the game at all. But a game that has that much universal appeal, should make an attempt to be on as many things as possible.

GamechaserBE said:
Because of limited Save file sizes. The reason why the games has smaller maps on consoles like PS4 and Xone is also because of this reason. On PC their is no limit and you litterally can have save files that are bigger than 5 GB... And that is one map.

Yeah but they could just port over the ps3/360 version and add some gamepad functionality. No one wants to develop games for WiiU, I don't exactly know why, atleast not with minecraft, but it's not because "they want nintendo to fail."