By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Eiji Aonuma lying?

Is he lying?

He's telling the truth 165 65.22%

He's lying 88 34.78%

Total:253

Zeldas always get delayed.

There isn't any big conspiracy. 

They need more development time...like they always have.

Around the Network

Aonuma doesn't lie. He's a trustworthy guy, for Miyamoto to have him helm the series. I trust him. In the end, we're getting a better game. In my head, hell is broken loose and I want my Zelda this year.

Pavolink said:
Of course not. Aonuma find magical new ideas months before release and decided that Nintendo should delay their biggest game in the year. Those great ideas can't wait for another game, just like the mask transformations and NPC schedules on Ocarina of Time have to wait until Majora's Mask.

Those great ideas are worth the delay and greater investment. Financially, it also makes sense as the throw even more money in an already expensive project that it could well need a pair of million copies sold to even break.

I trust Aonuma.

That's exactly what i was thinking, why can't they implement these new idea's in their next game or even dlc but instead they put a nearly finished game back a whole year thus screwing up 2015 for all their fans. Trust me this game isn't coming out in early 2016 no chance, this is a late november 2016 release now.

Shackkobe said:

THey need more development time...like they always have.

Just like they needed more time to develope a completely finished Twilight princess back in 2005. It then showed up in 2006 for their new console though didn't it?

PwerlvlAmy said:
I think hes full of crap tbh

I've always thought that Aonuma was a decent, honest man but on this occasion i think you might be right.

Around the Network
Metroid33slayer said:
Shackkobe said:

THey need more development time...like they always have.

Just like they needed more time to develope a completely finished Twilight princess back in 2005. It then showed up in 2006 for their new console though didn't it?

It's different this time. The Wii U is younger than the Gamecube.

Don't be harsh on the guy, one needs to do whatever to keep his job, man!

I'm now filled with determination.

Metroid33slayer said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
I think hes full of crap tbh

I've always thought that Aonuma was a decent, honest man but on this occasion i think you might be right.

lets beat him up with pillows

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I think he wants to make one last truly great Zelda game before he retires... at least from the series. I'm choosing to believe he's putting the time in to try and make this the one.

Never said:
I think he wants to make one last truly great Zelda game before he retires... at least from the series. I'm choosing to believe he's putting the time in to try and make this the one.

Maybe it's time to give someone else a chance to head a zelda game. His track record is a bit hit and miss i mean windwaker and ALBW were good, Twilight princess and skyward sword were very good in my opinion but phantom hourglass and Spirit tracks were dog.