By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What titles will Nintendo anounce to make up for Zelda U?

I'm still surprised Nintendo has not put an Animal Crossing game on Wii U yet, the last 3DS game was a huge hit, especially in Japan. I could see it boosting sales, but then again they might be saving the next Animal Crossing for their next handheld.

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:
the last 3DS game was a huge hit, especially in Japan.

That is somewhat the important part.

animal crossing for the holidays

captain carot said:
FloatingWaffles said:
the last 3DS game was a huge hit, especially in Japan.

That is somewhat the important part.

I know it sells a lot more on handhelds, but Nintendo has tried to rely on first party games such as Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 to bring up Wii U sales, but the sales just drop after a certain amount of time anyway. My point is that i'm surprised they haven't tried to boost it with Animal Crossing yet, I know it might not be as big as other first party games to some people but I feel like it would boost console sales by a pretty decent/average number. Or it could be huge.

They'll probably just save the next Animal Crossing for their next handheld though. 

I don't understand what's so awful about XCX, Star Fox, and Mario Maker being their Holiday lineup? You have a huge RPG, the long awaited return of one of their beloved IPs, and a new Mario for the more casual crowd as well. They should be fine with that trio.

If anything else big were to come out this year for Wii U that's unannounced, I would say maybe Animal Crossing since I suspect that's already been in development for awhile. If that were added to the 3 I mentioned, then they'd have their strongest holiday lineup for Wii U to date. Zelda not needed.

Around the Network

If it's ready: Metroid.

Skullwaker said:
Why are people saying nothing? Iwata said there are unannounced Wii U games still slated to come out this year. My money's on Animal Crossing or something along those lines.

People are saying nothing because they're a bit disillusioned with Nintendo.  I know I am at this point.  Every E3 people have wild predictions and most years are just a big disappointment.  So I'm gonna say it, no Metroid this year, no new 3D Mario game, etc.  They will announce stuff we already know about, maybe a couple games we didn't know about but won't care about, and that's that.  I'm gonna guess that they'll show a bunch of Devil's Third and Yoshi's Wooly World etc.

RushJet1 on: 

Bandcamp

YouTube

Twitter

Isn't there some revolutionary Project Giant Robot by Miyamoto?

There will be a ton of surprises at E3 but no game can replace Zelda.

but metroids annversay is first next year, would make no sense having it release this year