By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Rumored nvidia G100/GT200 graphics

I updated my news post with the rumor but I figured I would post it here as the new story wont get many views from previous posters.

Basically it is rumored that Nvidia is planning on releasing a graphics card that is a true next-generation graphics card from the "G100" or "GT200" series. Release date is suspected to be in May or June due to Nvidia supposedly nearing its completion.  The card is expected to leave AMD/ATI's R770 graphics card, being released around the same time, in the dust.

Opinions?

My opinion is that I couldn't care if it's weaker. I hate ATI and always will no matter if AMD improves their graphics cards. Nvidia FTW!!!

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Nice any tech specs?

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

Man, they're really going at it lately, I'm still fine with my 8600gts though.

ssj12 said:

I updated my news post with the rumor but I figured I would post it here as the new story wont get many views from previous posters.

Basically it is rumored that Nvidia is planning on releasing a graphics card that is a true next-generation graphics card from the "G100" or "GT200" series. Release date is suspected to be in May or June due to Nvidia supposedly nearing its completion. The card is expected to leave AMD/ATI's R770 graphics card, being released around the same time, in the dust.

Opinions?

My opinion is that I couldn't care if it's weaker. I hate ATI and always will no matter if AMD improves their graphics cards. Nvidia FTW!!!

I gotta say I like AMD over Intel but I like Nvidia over ATI. 

kenzomatic said:
Nice any tech specs?

well the ATI R770 isexpected to have a core cock seed of around 900MHz and a memory clock, GDDR4 memory, will be clocked around 2.7GHz. So if im going to guess on tech specs, think 1GHz core, 3GHz memory (GDDR4).

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
kenzomatic said:
Nice any tech specs?

well the ATI R770 isexpected to have a core cock seed of around 900MHz and a memory clock, GDDR4 memory, will be clocked around 2.7GHz. So if im going to guess on tech specs, think 1GHz core, 3GHz memory (GDDR4).

If thats true thats huge.

And you still won't be able to max out Crysis! jk 

I wonder what the price range for it will be. 

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

This could have some big implications in the animation field when it comes to smaller studios and real time rendering.

ioi + 1

I love all this competition. Awesome tech and prices keeping getting cheaper and cheaper!

Capitalism ftw!

I prefer ATI and AMD to Intel and Nvidia, but I go where the drivers are.... With Linux it's Nvidia. :D

ssj12 said:

Basically it is rumored that Nvidia is planning on releasing a graphics card that is a true next-generation graphics card from the "G100" or "GT200" series. Release date is suspected to be in May or June due to Nvidia supposedly nearing its completion. The card is expected to leave AMD/ATI's R770 graphics card, being released around the same time, in the dust.

Opinions?

on a personal note, i would say this is incorrect, because the 9600 was jsut released in febuary, and the 9800 is coming out soonn, unless you are talking about a chipset. that would make more sense, im nto saying ur lying, i jsut have a sard time believing they would make a totally new GPU in 3 months.

Click "here" to meet sexy singles!!

o that didnt work?

o u got a virus and lost your credit card to someone in brazil?

Click"here" with a different credit card in hand!