By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne Playthrough & Discoveries Thread

GribbleGrunger said:

This was 27 hours the other day, which I found suspicious but now it's down to 24 and half hours. The shortest time I've seen mentioned was 40 hours and the longest was 60 hours. Either someone has just run through and missed lots of content or it's another case of trolling the site.

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=21262

I mean, come on: 28h 45m for a leisurely playthrough? And 22 hours for a rushed? I don't believe it.

this is the kind of game that can take few hour to beat if you know exactly you needs to be killed and where to go. That said I am on 1st playthrough and at least 25 hours and I just took down the 4th boss (close to 5th)

If I restarted right now I could be back where I am in maybe 10 hours (instead of the 25 it took to get here).

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
JGarret said:

Ehh...not in my experience, I defeated Vicar on my first attempt yet keep losing to BSB over and over, but apparently you can use an item to distract him so you can get a few good hits, gonna try that.

when he telegraphs he attack roll behind him. Once he goes into PH2 use firepaper and do the same thing. And yes if you through the blood bottle he will run to it and let you smack him around and if you have fire on your weapon do this 2 times(in PH2) and he is dead.

I did not like vicar at all. Maybe I was missing something. It was the 1st time I used my bell.

Finally defeated that SOB, the best strategy for me was using the columns as shield

tokilamockingbrd said:

this is the kind of game that can take few hour to beat if you know exactly you needs to be killed and where to go. That said I am on 1st playthrough and at least 25 hours and I just took down the 4th boss (close to 5th)

If I restarted right now I could be back where I am in maybe 10 hours (instead of the 25 it took to get here).

I doubt that those people submitting times to howlongtobeat have played it more than once. There are now 4 contributions and I do not believe that all four have finished this game in around that time. No doubt you could beat this game in around 20 hours but you'd have to know what you're doing, miss the sidequests and miss alternate bosses. Note that there's no 'completionist' time, which to me verifies that these are the first playthroughs. Surely someone playing it for a second time would try to get everything out of it, unless coincidentally all four contributors decided to just plough through it again ... I find it suspicious.

The PS5 Exists. 

OMG. Wow.

Insight possibly the most amazing mechanic ever in game.

So I beat the blood starved beast yesterday and when I returned to the Cathedral Ward the dudes with the lanterns now used magic and the guys with Burlap sacks over their backs were there (the ones they send you to jail) I chalked it up to progression (like the cost at the fountain vendor) I beat a new boss so game adjust right.....

Well after I beat the 4th boss I saw a new set of armor being sold by the Insight vendor so guy it and burn enough insight to get down to 9 insight.

I go back to Cathedral ward and guess what. The dude with the lanterns no longer use magic, back to just whacking with a stick and the burlap sack buy is gone....

Not only does this confirm the enemies scale to your insight but your insight affects your drops. When at 23 insight when I farmed the werewolves I got great drops. Now at 9 I am just getting potions.....

Its seems to me that insight scales enemies harder but also increases loot. Blown away that a currency that seemed benign at 1st literally changes the whole game depending on how much you have.

psn- tokila

JGarret said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

when he telegraphs he attack roll behind him. Once he goes into PH2 use firepaper and do the same thing. And yes if you through the blood bottle he will run to it and let you smack him around and if you have fire on your weapon do this 2 times(in PH2) and he is dead.

I did not like vicar at all. Maybe I was missing something. It was the 1st time I used my bell.

Finally defeated that SOB, the best strategy for me was using the columns as shield

Grats. Now go get that new greatsword!!!!! I got it this afternoon and it is amazing. (it scales at B str and B skill once upgraded)

I like I said, if you are in front of BSB in ph2 you are dead.

psn- tokila

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
JGarret said:

Grats. Now go get that new greatsword!!!!! I got it this afternoon and it is amazing. (it scales at B str and B skill once upgraded)

I like I said, if you are in front of BSB in ph2 you are dead.

Where is it?...after the chapel door that opens after BSB is defeated?

Also, are there no secret walls like we see in Dark Souls?

Anyone know if the Burial Blade gets an increase of power from the Arcane stat?

Call me crazy if you want. But I haven't started the game yet because there is nothing I want more. There is some kind of of pleasure in deprivation. I don't want to play it and finish it because I don't want to lose that feeling.

It is like if there is some kind of delicious cake on the table. You don't rush and eats it, you just set there and keep looking at it to satisfy your mind before your body.... I'm probably crazy

It is nice to know that people are enjoying it, especially the new audience.

I also want to know if there are secret doors in the game. I keep looking for them, but I haven't found one yet. Dark Souls 2 had like a million of them and I really hate to miss them.

Anyone know if there is a counter in-game to show you how long you've been playing? I think I'm over 20 hours on it.