By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the XBO version of FFXV a mistake?

whatever said:

I really loathe when people bring the PC into a discussion about console as if it's in any way relevant.

When you talk about another system being inferior and graphics, then PC will come into play, the current gen systems are more like PC more than ever, get with it or get out basically, you want to loathe me then come out and say it, I just find it petty and childish to see him demeaning the other userbase calling their system inferior when theirs is just as inferior.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Azuren said:
morenoingrato said:
Yeah a huge mistake...

... For Sony fans.

How so? In that they didn't pick the clearly inferior system?

Your response to that comment is that you want to call the Xbox One an inferior system?

Was that really necessary? 

FloatingWaffles said:
Azuren said:

How so? In that they didn't pick the clearly inferior system?

Your response to that comment is that you want to call the Xbox One an inferior system?

Was that really necessary? 

According to someone else who quoted me in order to defend his quote, I'd probably take a guess at yes.

It's also surprising to see mods not take notice of that bashing, though I'll record it and wait to see what happens when an Xbox fan bashes the PS4 and gets banned.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Guitarguy said:
I see the PS4 version selling much much more, probably triple the amount of the X1 version. But might still see decently on X1 to make a nice profit.

I see a 5-1 or more sales descrepancy. However even if the PS4 version sells 5-6 million and the XB1 sells 1-1.5 million that is 60+ million of gross revenue they would be leaving on the table.

I think the reason T-0 is selling so much better on the PS4 is because Sony has the core FF fans. The average gamer who will play a mainline FF game might not be inclined to go for a game like T-0.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I think all we are seeing is a developer that is focusing more on the PS4 version and porting to the Xbox One later.

Looking at Final Fantasy 0, it's easy to see why they would put more work on the PS4 version. After Final Fantasy 0 sales split, it will be easy (cheap) for Sony to gain RPG exclusives. That's the only worry. I don't see why they would do that though, as RPGs sell PS4's as it is.

Around the Network

The game was probably developed on PS4 first and crappily ported to XB1. This doesn't seem like a mistake.

IamAwsome said:
The game was probably developed on PS4 first and crappily ported to XB1. This doesn't seem like a mistake.

Isn't that what Konami does?

I don't think mistake is the right word. Disappointment, maybe, but not a mistake. It'll make a profit regardless.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Chazore said:
whatever said:

I really loathe when people bring the PC into a discussion about console as if it's in any way relevant.

When you talk about another system being inferior and graphics, then PC will come into play, the current gen systems are more like PC more than ever, get with it or get out basically, you want to loathe me then come out and say it, I just find it petty and childish to see him demeaning the other userbase calling their system inferior when theirs is just as inferior.

Not every PC is suprior to the xbox 1 and ps4, and the pc doesnt have FF15 yet so why bringing pc into the argument?

Chazore said:
whatever said:

No, it won't.  When comparing 2 systems, bringing in a 3rd, unrelated system is completely irrelevant, no matter how much you wish it wasn't.