By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne Review Thread - MetaCritic 93% ~ GameRankings 91.47%

ethomaz said:

PS4 savior? lol lol lol

Sony don't need a PS4 savior because PS4 is already successful enough.

BTW the meta low user scores are most from salt PC users... they are hating... hating.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Here some user reviews lol

1/10 - SPoooooooiilllerrrr warning!!! Your ass will never feel better after the unstoppable ass kicking this game gives you. i have nothing better to say but must hit 150 keys WOOT

3/10 - This game simply is not worthy to be call a "spiritual successor" of any Souls game, this game simply a "we want the COD audience" version of a Souls game, this game got horrible load times, it takes me around 25 seconds every time it loads, this game was simplified and I feel like it is incomplete because Sony pushed it out of the door because it is the "PS4 savior"

0/10 - One of the worst games of the year. Shame this is shaping up to be a worse year than 2014. I can excuse the horrendous load times, but I can not excuse its lack of gameplay and hand holding.

0/10 - Graphics ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/10 

Gameplay ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/10 
Sound ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/10 
Multiplayer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/10 
Performance ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/10 
PC Release never EVER/10 
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)RELEASE THIS GAME FOR PC( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

0/10 - Underwhelming graphics, an archaic and boring combat system, a heavy handed story, and a lack of challenge make Bloodborne a true successor in the Souls series. If this is the modern game, then modern gaming is not for me. This 'game' felt more like a cinematic experience than something playable.

all you can do is laugh lol

Yes, it's actually alarming. To think that someone without a PS4 feel the need to go to Metacritic and give a game a low score just because they have some 'power' over the average, tells me there's something wrong with that persons life. Surely these people (likely teens) have more interesting things to do? If not, then I'd like to have a few words with their parents.

The PS5 Exists. 

Wright said:

View on YouTube

I managed to do that first try. It was surprisingly easy.

theprof00 said:

Oops, I meant to write multiplatform

Random question theprof00, when on earth does that happen in Fire Emblem (your signature banner thingy)?

Nuvendil said:

Well I tried explaining it with lots of words so we'll switch things up since I don't want to write a text wall and you don't want to read another.  It's not just scoring well, it's scoring better.  Say that is semantics but it's an important distinction to make.

I get what you're saying and I would have made that distinction if it were relevant to what I was saying.  I'm not trying to downplay Bloodborne.  I'm downplaying the whole conspiracy idea.  And the reason I am is because Bloodborne is scoring well.  For the purposes of my comment, the position of the game's score relative to past games was only relevant in so much as it proved my point:  Souls games get good scores.  And that is a true statement.  The statements "Bloodborne is scoring well" and "Bloodborne is scoring better" are not mutually exclussive statements, both are true.  The distinction is not relevant to what I was saying.  Which is why I am getting annoyed that you are for harranguing me about it. 

"Conspiracy" is a strong word but critics are definitely being hard on Sony games this gen.  I think it's because they just expect more from the leader and with Sony's past accomplishments I guess being a good entry just doesn't get you the same score it did last gen.  They wanted something crazy innovative.  Now it being in the same vein as the other souls games actually negates the negativity because they'd be hypocrites if they reviewed this game a lot lower when by all accounts the combat is improved.  It's not as easy to rip as a new IP when you've established your scores and everyone would know they're just BS if they scored it 85 or something.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
veritaz said:
sc94597 said:

Obviously this isn't comparable. Bayonetta wasn't chosen because how small its fanbase is and review sites wouldn't get the same number of hits. The Legend of Zelda is not Bayonetta though. 

In 2011 Skyward Sword got something like 5 GOTY Awards and Dark Souls got one. 2011 was a three way split between Skyward Sword, Portal 2, and Skyrim. And Skyward Sword is generally considered one of the worst 3D Zeldas. A new revitalization to the series, like the upcoming Wii U game, definitely will be getting a lot of the awards. 

Actually the top 3 was Skyrim, Portal 2, Batman. Skyrim was the highest by far with 226 Goty only getting beaten by The Last of Us later in temrs of awards. Portal 2 and Batman were close and Zelda was 5th behind Uncharted for the year. There is a website to see the GOTY award.

Can you provide a link? I mean 226 sites sounds pretty insane considering how most games don't even get that many professional reviews. 

Well those are some pretty good scores. Was hoping for a 90 Metacritic but didn't think it would hit it. Fortunately it seems I'll be proven wrong and that this will be the first "must have" exclusive on the PS4 for most people, as it looked for quite some time.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

sc94597 said:
veritaz said:

Actually the top 3 was Skyrim, Portal 2, Batman. Skyrim was the highest by far with 226 Goty only getting beaten by The Last of Us later in temrs of awards. Portal 2 and Batman were close and Zelda was 5th behind Uncharted for the year. There is a website to see the GOTY award.

Can you provide a link? I mean 226 sites sounds pretty insane considering how most games don't even get that many professional reviews. 

http://gotypicks.blogspot.com/2011/09/2011-game-of-year.html keep in mind not all of them are from critic and are instead from reader picks on websites. The majority are still critics though.

So, i hope sony won't let fromsoftware alone one more time.

Yeah, I see some of the low scores coming from Xbox fanboys.

fabrizzio for example gives 10s to all Xbox1 games and zeroes/ones to all PS4 exclusives.

The salt is crazy. Making a metacritic account just to offset this lol.